Subject: Resistance Training | Weight Lifting | Physical Exertion | Adult | Female | Exercise Test | Humans | Male | Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation | Perception
Lattari, E, Andrade, ML, Filho, AS, Moura, AM, Neto, GM, Silva, JG, Rocha, NB, Yuan, T-F, Arias-Carrión, O, and Machado, S. Can transcranial direct current stimulation improve the resistance strength and decrease the rating perceived scale in recreational weight-trainin... View more
1. American College of Sports M. American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Progression models in resistance training for healthy adults. Med Sci Sports Exerc 41: 687-708, 2009.
2. Ardolino, G, Bossi, B, Barbieri, S, and Priori, A. Non-synaptic mechanisms underlie the after-effects of cathodal transcutaneous direct current stimulation of the human brain. J Physiol 568: 653- 663, 2005.
3. Boggio, PS, Zaghi, S, Lopes, M, and Fregni, F. Modulatory effects of anodal transcranial direct current stimulation on perception and pain thresholds in healthy volunteers. Eur J Neurol 15: 1124-1130, 2008.
4. Cafarelli, E and Bigland-Ritchie, B. Sensation of static force in muscles of different length. Exp Neurol 65: 511-525, 1979.
5. Chaieb, L, Antal, A, and Paulus, W. Gender-specific modulation of short-term neuroplasticity in the visual cortex induced by transcranial direct current stimulation. Vis Neurosci 25: 77-81, 2008.
6. Cogiamanian, F, Marceglia, S, Ardolino, G, Barbieri, S, and Priori, A. Improved isometric force endurance after transcranial direct current stimulation over the human motor cortical areas. Eur J Neurosci 26: 242-249, 2007.
7. de Salles, BF, Simao, R, Miranda, F, Novaes Jda, S, Lemos, A, and Willardson, JM. Rest interval between sets in strength training. Sports Med 39: 765-777, 2009. comfort during transcranial DC stimulation: Effect of Hsolution NaCl
8. Dundas, JE, Thickbroom, GW, and Mastaglia, FL. Perception of concentration applied to sponge electrodes. Clin Neurophysiol 118: 1166-1170, 2007. Natalle, L, Bravo, R, Rigonatti, SP, Freedman, TSD, Nitsche, MA,
9. Fregni, F, Gimenes, R, Valle, AC, Ferreira, MJ, Rocha, RR, Pascual-Leone, A, and Boggio, PS. A randomized, sham-controlled, proof of principle study of transcranial direct current stimulation for the treatment of pain in fibromyalgia. Arthritis Rheum 54: 3988- 3998, 2006.
12. Hendy, AM and Kidgell, DJ. Anodal tDCS applied during strength training enhances motor cortical plasticity. Med Sci Sports Exerc 45: 1721-1729, 2013.