Controlled chloride cracking of austenitic stainless steel tube samples
Raseroka, M.S.; Pistorius, P.C.;
Publisher: The Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
mesheuropmc: mental disorders
An experimental rig has been constructed to produce chloride stress corrosion cracks in Type 304L stainless steel tube samples. The samples are to be used to test possible in situ repair methods in future work. The factor which influences the time to failure most strong... View more
1. SEDRIKS, A.J. Corrosion of stainless steels, 2nd edition. John Wiley & Sons, 1996.
2. KOWAKA, M. Metal corrosion damage and protection technology, (Chapter 6: Stress corrosion cracking of stainless steels), Allerton Press (1990). pp. 347-467.
3. TVERBERG, J.C. Stainless in the Brewery. Technical Quarterly of the Master Brewers Association of the Americas, vol. 38, no. 2, 2001. pp. 67-82.
4. Laser welding, CSIR, www.csir.co.za accessed on 30 January 2006.
5. JONES, R.H. and RICKER, R.E. Mechanisms of stress-corrosion cracking. Stress-corrosion cracking, R.H. Jones (ed.). ASM 1992.
6. PUGH, E.N. Progress toward understanding the stress corrosion problem. Corrosion, vol. 41, 1985. pp. 517-526.
7. SIERADZKI K. and NEWMAN, R.C. Brittle behaviour of ductile metals during stress-corrosion cracking. Philosophical Magazine A, vol. 51, 1985. pp. 95-132.
8. NISBET, W.J., LORIMER, G.W., and NEWMAN, R.C. A transmission electron microscopy study of stress corrosion cracking in stainless steels. Corrosion Science, vol. 35, 1993, pp. 457-469.
9. NISHIMURA, R. Characterization and perspective of stress corrosion cracking of austenitic stainless steels (type 304 and type 316) in acid solutions using constant load method. Corrosion Science, vol. 49, 2007. pp. 81-91.
10. MAGNIN, T., CHAMBREUIL, A., and CHATEAU, J.P. Stress corrosion mechanisms in ductile FCC materials. International Journal of Fracture, vol. 79, 1996. pp. 147-163.