1. Minkler M, Wallerstein N. Community-based parctiipatory research for health. 2nd ed. New York: Jossey-Bass; 2008. PMCid:PMC2444051
2. Malterud K. Action research - a strategy for evaluation of medical interventions. Fam Pract. 1995;12(4):476-481. htp://dx.doi.org/10.1093/fampra/12.4.476 , PMid:8826069
3. Mash R. African primary care research: choosing a topic and developing a proposal. Afr J Prm Health Care Fam Med. 2013. In Press.
4. Habermas J. Knowledge and human interests (paperback). USA: Beacon Press; 1972.
5. Meyer J. Using qualitative methods in health related action research. BMJ 2000; 320(7228):178-181. hpt://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.320.7228.178 , PMid:10634744
6. Cornwall A, Jewkes R. What is participatory research? Soc Sci Med. 1995;41(12): 1667-1676. htp://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0277-9536(95)00127-S
7. Baum F, MacDougall C, Smith D. Participatory action research. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2006;60(10):854-857. htp://dx.doi.org/10.1136/jech.2004. 028662, PMid:16973531, PMCid:PMC2566051
8. Kolb DA. Experienatil learning: experience as the source of learning and development. Englewood Clisf, NJ: Prentice-Hall; 1984.
9. Freire P. Pedagogy of the oppressed. New York: Conntiuum Internaotinal Publishing Group; 2000.
10. Nwanze O, Mash R. Evaluation of a project to reduce morbidity and mortality from traditional male circumcision in Umlamli, Eastern Cape, South Africa: outcome mapping. SA Fam Pract. 2012;54(3):237-243.
11. Mash B. How to design education on mental disorders for general practioners in South Africa. SA Fam Pract. 2002;25(5):4-10.
12. Mash B, Mayers P, Conradie H, et al. How to manage organisational change and create practice teams: experiences of a South African primary care health centre. Educ Health. 2008;21(2):132.
13. Joyner K, Mash B. A comprehensive model for intimate partner violence in South African primary care: action research. BMC Health Services Research. 2012;12(1):1-10. htp://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1472-6963-12-399 , PMid:23151248, PMCid:PMC3534545 [OpenAIRE]
14. Mash R, Levit NS, Van Vuuren U, et al. Improving the annual review of diabetic patients in primary care: an appreciative inquiry in the Cape Town District Health Services. SA Fam Pract. 2008;50(5):50.
15. Zuber-Skerrit O. Action research in higher education: examples and reflections. London: Kogan Page; 1992.