A new mathematical programming model for long-term production scheduling considering geological uncertainty
Gholamnejad, J.; Moosavi, E.;
Publisher: The Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
Subject: integer programming | geological uncertainty | open pit mine | long-term production scheduling
Determination of the optimum production schedules over the life of a mine is a critical mechanism in open pit mine planning procedures. Long-term production scheduling is used to maximize the net present value of the project under technical, financial, and environmental... View more
1. JACKSON, S., FREDERICKSEN, D., STEWART, M., VANN, J., BURKE, A., DUGDALE, J., and BERTOLI, O. Geological and grade risk at the Golden Gift and Magdala gold deposits, Stawell, Victoria, Australia. 5th International Mining Geology Conference, Bendigo, Victoria. Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, Melbourne, 17-19 November 2003. pp. 207-214.
2. DOWD, P.A. Risk in minerals projects: analysis, perception and management. Transaction of the Institution of Mining and Metallurgy A, vol. 106, January-April 1997. pp. A9-A18.
3. DENBY, B. and SCHOFIELD, D. Inclusion of risk assessment in open pit design and scheduling. Transaction of the Institution of Mining and Metallurgy A, vol. 104, January-April 1995. pp. A67-A71.
4. DIMITRAKOPOULOS, R. and RAMAZAN, S. Managing risk and waste mining in long-term production scheduling of open pit mine. 2003 SME Annual Meeting & Exhibit, Feb. 24-26, Cincinnati Ohio. Preprint: 03-151.
5. GODOY, M. and DIMITRAKOPOULOS, R. Managing risk and waste mining in long-term production scheduling of open pit mine. 2003 SME Annual Meeting & Exhibit, Feb. 24-26, Cincinnati Ohio.
6. RAMAZAN, S. and DIMITRAKOPOULOS, R. Traditional and new MIP models for production scheduling with in situ grade variabulity. International Journal of Surface Mining, Reclamation and Environment, vol. 18, no. 2, 2003. pp. 85-98.
7. GHOLAMNEJAD, J., OSANLOO, M., and KARIMI, B. A chance-constrained programming approach for open pit long-term production scheduling in stochastic environments. Journal of the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, vol. 106, 2006. pp. 105-114.
8. GHOLAMNEJAD, J. and OSANLOO, M. Using chance constrained binary integer programming in optimizing long term production scheduling for open pit mine design. Mining Technology: IMM Transactions section A, vol. 116, no. 2, June 2007, pp. 58-66.
9. JOURNEL, A.G. Non-parametric estimation of spatial distributions, Mathematical Geology, vol. 15, no. 3, 1983. pp. 445-468.
10. GLACKEN, I.M. and BLACKNEY, P.C.J. A practitioners implementation of indicator Kriging. Beyond Ordinary Kriging Seminar 30 October, 1998, Perth, Western Australia. The Geostatistical Association of Australia.