Emotional regulation is an important skill enabling or disabling the occupational engagement of adolescent clients. Evaluation is a key concept in the occupational therapy process, informing treatment approaches and outcomes. The authors could not identify a scale measu... View more
1. World Health Organization (WHO). Caring for Children and Adolescents with Mental Disorders [Internet]. Geneva; 2003 [cited 2016 Aug 25]. p. 27. Available from: http://www.who.int/mental_health/ media/en/785.pdf.
2. World Health Organization (WHO). Health for the World's Adolescents- A second chance in the second decade (Summary) [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2016 Aug 25]. 1-14. Available from: http://apps.who. int/adolescent/second-decade/.
3. Louw D, Louw A. Child and Adolescent Development. Bloemfontein: Psychology Publications; 2007: 413.
4. Whitehill JM, Brockman LN, Moreno MA. Just talk to me: Communicating with college students about depression disclosures on Facebook. J Adolesc Heal. 2013; 52(1): 122-7.
5. American Occupational Therapy Association. Framework : Domain & Process (3rd ed.). Am J Occup Ther. 2014; 68(Suppl 1): S1-48.
6. Cole PM, Marin SE, Dennis TA. Emotion regulation as a scientific construct: methodological challenges for child development research. Child Dev. 2004; 75(2): 317-33.
7. Webb TL, Schweiger Gallo I, Miles E, Gollwitzer PM, Sheeran P. Effective regulation of affect: An action control perspective on emotion regulation. Eur Rev Soc Psychol. 2012; 23(October): 143-86.
8. Patterson JM, McCubbin HI. A-Cope. Adolescent-coping orientation for problem experiences. Madison; 1981.
9. Hilt LM, Hanson JL, Pollak SD. Emotion Dysregulation. In: Encyclopedia of Adolescence. Springer Science & Business Media; 2011: 160-9.
10. Bjärehed J, Lundh L-G. Deliberate self-harm in 14-year-old adolescents: how frequent is it, and how is it associated with psychopathology, relationship variables, and styles of emotional regulation? Cogn Behav Ther, 2008; 37(1): 26-37.