During the last 50 years it has become clear that malignant tumours can induce symptoms unrelated to the mechanical effects of the primary tumour itself or its metastasis. Today, the name Paraneoplastic syndrome is given to those symptom complexes that may affect the bl... View more
1. Gutman AB, Tyson TL, Gutman EB: Serum calcium, inorganic phosphorus and phosphatase activity in hyperparathyroidism, Paget's disease, multiple myeloma and neoplastic disease of the bones. Arch. Intern. Med. 1936; 57: 379-413.
2. Albright, F: Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital (case 27461). New Eng. J. Med. 1941; 225: 789-791.
3. Jemtland R, Rian E, Gautvik KM: Malignhumoral hyperkalsemi og det parathormonrelaterte protein. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen nr. 14, 1991; 111: 1738-42.
4. Aasarød K, Lamvik J: Hyperkalsemi ved maligne sykdommer. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen nr. 12, 1989; 109: 1293-6.
5. Mundy GR, Martin TJ: The hypercalcemia of malignancy: pathogenesis and management. Metabolism 1982; 31: 1247-73.
6. Hunskår S (red.): Allmennmedisin, ISBN 82-05-30779-2, Gyldendal, Oslo 2003, s.526.
7. Wysolmerski JJ, Broadus AE: Hypercalcemia of malignancy: The central role of parathyroid hormone-related protein. Annual Review of Medicine 1994; 45: 189-200.
8. Botea V, Edelson GW, Munasinghe RL: Hyperparathyroidism, hypercalcemia, and calcified brain metastatic lesions in a patient with small cell carsinoma demonstrating positive immunostain for parathyroid hormone. Am Ass of Clin Endocrinol nr.1, 2003; 9: 40-44.
9. Brown WH: A case of pluriglandular syndrome. ”Diabetes of beared women”. Lancet 1928; II: 1022-3.
10. Howlett TA, Drury PL, Perry L, et al.: Diagnosis and management of ACTHdependent Cushing's syndrome: comparison of the features in ectopic and pituitary ACTH production. Clin endocrinol (Oxf). 1986 Jun; 24(6): 699-713.