Subcortical Brain Morphology in Schizophrenia : Descriptive analysis based on MRI findings of subcortical brain volumes
The aim of this study was to investigate magnetic resonance images (MR) from patients with schizophrenia and healthy control subjects for difference in brain morphology with focus on subcortical brain volumes.
Method: The study compared fourteen subcortical brain str... View more
1. Andreasen NC. Schizophrenia: the fundamental questions. Brain Res Brain Res Rev 31: 106-12, 2000.
2. Smith TE, Weston CA, Lieberman JA. Schizophrenia (maintenance treatment). Clin Evid (Online ) 2009: 2009.
3. WHO. International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems 10th Revision (ICD-10). World Health Organization . 2007. URL: http://apps.who.int/classifications/apps/icd/icd10online/
4. Tamminga CA, Holcomb HH. Phenotype of schizophrenia: a review and formulation. Mol Psychiatry 10: 27-39, 2005.
5. Cardno AG, Gottesman II. Twin studies of schizophrenia: from bow-andarrow concordances to star wars Mx and functional genomics. Am J Med Genet 97: 12-7, 2000.
6. Sullivan PF, Kendler KS, Neale MC. Schizophrenia as a complex trait: evidence from a meta-analysis of twin studies. Arch Gen Psychiatry 60: 1187- 92, 2003.
7. McGrath JJ. Variations in the incidence of schizophrenia: data versus dogma. Schizophr Bull 32: 195-7, 2006.
8. Harrison G, Fouskakis D, Rasmussen F, Tynelius P, Sipos A, Gunnell D. Association between psychotic disorder and urban place of birth is not mediated by obstetric complications or childhood socio-economic position: a cohort study. Psychol Med 33: 723-31, 2003.
9. Lim C, Chong SA, Keefe RS. Psychosocial factors in the neurobiology of schizophrenia: a selective review. Ann Acad Med Singapore 38: 402-6, 2009.
10. Torrey EF, Buka S, Cannon TD, Goldstein JM, Seidman LJ, Liu T, Hadley T, Rosso IM, Bearden C, Yolken RH. Paternal age as a risk factor for schizophrenia: how important is it? Schizophr Res 2009.