The study was conducted at Oslo University Hospital, Norway. Patients were included from September 2009 until April 2011. In total 116 patients and 73 healthy non-fractured controls participated. The study has 3 parts. In the first part, we studied micronutrients and th... View more
1. Lofthus CM, Osnes EK, Falch JA et al. Epidemiology of hip fractures in Oslo, Norway. Bone 2001;29:413-8.
2. Gjertsen JE, Engesaeter LB, Furnes O et al. The Norwegian Hip Fracture Register: experiences after the first 2 years and 15,576 reported operations. Acta Orthop 2008;79:583-93.
3. Ranhoff AH, Holvik K, Martinsen MI, Domaas K, Solheim LF. Older hip fracture patients: three groups with different needs. BMC Geriatr 2010;10:65.
4. Gjertsen JE, Engesaeter LB, Furnes O et al. The Norwegian Hip Fracture Register: experiences after the first 2 years and 15,576 reported operations. Acta Orthop 2008;79:583-93.
5. Warriner AH, Outman RC, Saag KG et al. Management of osteoporosis among home health and long-term care patients with a prior fracture. South Med J 2009;102:397-404.
6. Murray AW, McQuillan C, Kennon B, Gallacher SJ. Osteoporosis risk assessment and treatment intervention after hip or shoulder fracture. A comparison of two centres in the United Kingdom. Injury 2005;36:1080-4.
7. Vestergaard P, Rejnmark L, Mosekilde L. Osteoporosis is markedly underdiagnosed: a nationwide study from Denmark. Osteoporos Int 2005;16:134-41.
8. Finnes TE, Meyer HE, Falch JA, Medhus AW, Wentzel-Larsen T, Lofthus CM. Secular reduction of excess mortality in hip fracture patients >85 years. BMC Geriatr 2013;13:25.
9. Talsnes O, Hjelmstedt F, Dahl OE, Pripp AH, Reikeras O. Clinical and biochemical prediction of early fatal outcome following hip fracture in the elderly. Int Orthop 2011;35:903-7.
10. Talsnes O, Hjelmstedt F, Dahl OE, Pripp AH, Reikeras O. Biochemical lung, liver and kidney markers and early death among elderly following hip fracture. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 2012;132:1753-8.