Factors affecting breastfeeding practices in working women of Pakistan
Soomro, Jamil Ahmed;
ABSTRACT Background, rationale and aim of the study Breastfeeding is considered to be an important measure to secure child s optimal health and survival. In urban areas of Pakistan most of the women can t afford to live at home longer because they serve as an important ... View more
1. Federal Bureau of Statistics Pakistan. Pakistan Demographic Survey. Statistics division Islamabad. 2007. Available from: URL: http://www.pbs.gov.pk/
2. Encyclopaedia of the nations. Asia and Pacific; Advameg Inc group: 2015. Available from: URL: http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Asia-and-the-Pacific/Pakistan.html 3. Health care in Pakistan. Ministry of national health services regulation and coordination Pakistan, 2015. Available from: URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_of_National_Health_Services_Regulation_and_Coordin ation_(Pakistan)
4. World Health Organization (WHO): Global health observatory data repository. Health system Section, WHO. 2014. Available from: URL: http://apps.who.int/gho/data/node.main.475?lang=en
5. Pakistan demographic and health survey. IRD/Macro, National institute of population studies and ICF International, Calverton, Maryland USA. 2012-13.
6. World Health Organization (WHO). Country profile Pakistan, statistics 2015. http://www.who.int/countries/pak/en/.
7. National Institute of Population Studies (NIPS). Pakistan and macro international inc. Pakistan demographic and health survey. 2006-07.
8. Blöss T, Frickey A. La femme dans la société française. Paris PUF. Cerca con Google.1994.
9. Maruani, Margaret. Travail et emploi des femmes. La découverte. Paris: La Découverte. 2011.
10. Horta BL, Bahl R, Martines JC, Victora CG. Evidence on the long-term effects of breastfeeding: Systematic reviews and meta-analyses. World Health Organization Geneva. 2010.
11. Brown, Catherine RL, et al. Factors influencing the reasons why mothers stop breastfeeding. Can J Public Health. 2014; 105(3):179-185.