PURPOSE: To assess health-related quality of life outcomes after endovascular versus open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. METHODS: Participants were randomly assigned to receive either endovascular or open abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) surgery according to a rate of... View more
1. Blankensteijn JD. Mortality and morbidity rates after conventional abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. Semin Interv Cardiol. 2000;5:7-13.
2. Treiman GS, Lawrence PF, Edwards WH, et al. An assessment of the current applicability of the EVT endovascular graft for treatment of patients with an infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm. J Vasc Surg. 1999;30:68-75.
3. May J, White GH, Waugh R, et al. Improved survival after endoluminal repair with secondgeneration prostheses compared with open repair in the treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms: a 5-year concurrent comparison using life table method. J Vasc Surg. 2001;33: S21-26.
4. May J, White G, Yu W, et al. Concurrent comparison of endoluminal versus open repair in the treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms: analysis of 303 patients by life table method. J Vasc Surg. 1998;27:213-221.
5. Schurink GWH, Aarts NJM, van Bockel JH. Endoleak after stent-graft treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm: a meta analysis of clinical studies. Br J Surg. 1999;86:581-587.
6. May J, White GH, Yu W, et al. Endoluminal repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms: strengths and weaknesses of various prostheses observed in a 4.5-year experience. J Endovasc Surg. 1997;4:147-151.
7. Teufelsbauer H, Prusa AM, Prager M, et al. Endovascular treatment of a multimorbid patient with late AAA rupture after stent-graft placement: 1-year follow-up. J Endovasc Ther. 2002; 9:895-901.
8. Laheij RJ, van Marrewijk CJ, Buth J, et al. The influence of team experience on outcomes of endovascular stenting of abdominal aortic aneurysms. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2002;24: 128-133.
9. Malina M, Nilsson M, Brunkwall J, et al. Quality of life before and after endovascular and open repair of asymptomatic AAAs: a prospective study. J Endovasc Ther. 2000;7:372-379.
10. Lloyd AJ, Boyle J, Bell P, et al. Comparison of cognitive function and quality of life after endovascular or conventional aortic aneurysm repair. Br J Surg. 2000;87:443-447.