Publisher: Queen's University of Belfast, Northern Ireland
Subject: METIS-246557 | EC Grant Agreement nr.: FP6/515762 | IR-58005
The present paper addresses several topics in regard to the sustainable design and use of concrete. First, major features concerning the sustainable aspects of the material concrete are summarised. Then the major constituent, from an environmental point of view, cement ... View more
1. Cembureau, Activity report 2004, Publication CEMBUREAU (The European Cement Association), No. D/2005/5457/May, Brussels, Belgium, 2005.
2. Powers, T.C. and T.L. Brownyard, Studies of the physical properties of hardened Portland cement paste, Bull. 22, Res. Lab. of Portland Cement Association, Skokie, IL, U.S., reprinted from J. Am. Concrete Inst. (Proc.), vol. 43 (1947), p. 101-132, pp. 249-336, pp. 469-505, pp. 549-602, pp. 669-712, pp. 845-880, pp. 933-992, 1948.
3. Brouwers, H.J.H., Chemical Reactions in hydrated Ordinary Portland Cement based on the work by Powers and Brownyard, Proceedings 15th Ibausil (Internationale Baustofftagung), Weimar, 1-0553-1-0566, Ed. H.B. Fischer, F.A. Finger-Institut für Baustoffkunde, Weimar, Germany, 2003.
4. Brouwers, H.J.H., The work of Powers and Brownyard revisited: composition of Portland cement paste, 2nd Edition, Civil Engineering & Management Research Report 2004W-006/CME-001, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands, 2004.
5. Brouwers, H.J.H., The work of Powers and Brownyard revisited: Part 1, Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 34, pp. 1697-1716, 2004.
6. Brouwers, H.J.H., The work of Powers and Brownyard revisited: Part 2, Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 35, pp. 1922-1936, 2006.
7. Van Eijk, R.J., Hydration of cement mixtures containing contaminants, Design and application of the solidified product, PhD Thesis, University of Twente (200 p.), 22 June 2001, Enschede, The Netherlands.
8. Brouwers, H.J.H. and R.J. van Eijk, Alkali concentrations of pore solution in hydrating OPC, Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 33, pp. 191-196, 2003.
9. Chen, W., Hydration of slag cement; theory, modelling and application, PhD Thesis, University of Twente (240 p.), 25 January 2007, Enschede, The Netherlands.
10. Chen, W. and H.J.H. Brouwers, The hydration of slag, part 1: reaction models for alkali-activated slag, Journal of Materials Science, vol. 42, pp. 428-443, 2007.