Evidence-based knowledge creation on orthodontic mini-implants: ‘Why we know so little’
Meursinge Reynders, R.A.;
Orthodontic mini-implants (OMIs) are used as anchorage devices to counteract the reciprocal forces of orthodontic tooth movement. The 5 systematic reviews and 2 critical appraisals included in this thesis created evidence-based knowledge on a variety of questions on the... View more
1. Skeggs RM, Benson PE, Dyer F. Reinforcement of anchorage during orthodontic brace treatment with implants or other surgical methods. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007 Jul 18;(3):CD005098.
2. Papadopoulos MA, Papageorgiou SN, Zogakis IP. Clinical effectiveness of orthodontic miniscrew implants: a metaanalysis. J Dent Res. 2011 Aug;90(8):969-76.
3. Papageorgiou SN, Zogakis IP, Papadopoulos MA. Failure rates and associated risk factors of orthodontic miniscrew implants: a meta-analysis. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2012 Nov;142(5):577- 595.e7.
4. Nanda R, Upadhyay M. Sheldon Friel Lecture 2011. Skeletal and dental considerations in orthodontic treatment mechanics: a contemporary view. Eur J Orthod. 2013;35:634-643.
5. Markic G, Katsaros C, Pandis N, Eliades T. Temporary anchorage device usage: a survey among Swiss orthodontists. Prog Orthod. 2014 Apr 1;15(1):29.
6. World Implant Orthodontic Conference (WIOC). [online] Available from: http://www.wioc2015.com/ (accessed September 25th 2015).
7. Kanomi R. Mini-implant for orthodontic anchorage. J Clin Orthod. 1997;31(11):763-7.
8. Prabhu J, Cousley RR. Current products and practice: bone anchorage devices in orthodontics. J Orthod. 2006 Dec;33(4):288-307.
9. Reynders R, Ronchi L, Bipat S. Mini-implants in orthodontics: a systematic review of the literature. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2009;135:564.e1-19.
10. Meursinge Reynders RA, Ronchi L, Ladu L, van Etten-Jamaludin F, Bipat S. Insertion torque and success of orthodontic mini-implants: a systematic review. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2012;142(5):596-614.e5.