Supporting patients in obtaining and oncologists in providing evidence-based health-related quality of life information prior to and after esophageal cancer surgery
The overall aim of this thesis was to support patients in obtaining and oncologists in providing evidence-based HRQL data prior to and following esophageal cancer surgery. This thesis is divided in two parts. In Part I, we addressed the information needs of esophageal c... View more
5. Rouvelas I, Zeng W, Lindblad M, Viklund P, Ye W, Lagergren J. Survival after surgery for oesophageal cancer: a population-based study. Lancet Oncol 2005; 6: 864-870.
6. Crosby TD, Evans M. The management of locally advanced carcinoma of the oesophagus - SCOPE for improvement? Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 2009; 21: 281-284.
7. Gwynne S, Hurt C, Evans M, Holden C, Vout L, Crosby T. Definitive chemoradiation for oesophageal cancer--a standard of care in patients with non-metastatic oesophageal cancer. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 2011; 23: 182- 188.
8. Kachnic LA, Winter K, Wasserman T, Kelsen D, Ginsberg R, Pisansky TM et al. Longitudinal Quality-of-Life Analysis of RTOG 94-05 (Int 0123): A Phase III Trial of Definitive Chemoradiotherapy for Esophageal Cancer. Gastrointest Cancer Res 2011; 4: 45-52.
9. Kranzfelder M, Schuster T, Geinitz H, Friess H, Buchler P. Meta-analysis of neoadjuvant treatment modalities and definitive non-surgical therapy for oesophageal squamous cell cancer. Br J Surg 2011; 98: 768-783.
10. van HP, Hulshof MC, van Lanschot JJ, Steyerberg EW, van Berge Henegouwen MI, Wijnhoven BP et al. Preoperative chemoradiotherapy for esophageal or junctional cancer. N Engl J Med 2012; 366: 2074-2084.