1. Wierda WG, O'Brien S, Wang X, Faderl S, Ferrajoli A, Do KA, Garcia-Manero G . Characteristics associated with important clinical end points in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia at initial treatment. J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 1637-1643.
2. Molica S. Second neoplasms in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: incidence and pathogenesis with emphasis on the role of different therapies. Leuk Lymphoma. 2005; 46: 49-54.
3. Beiggi S, Johnston JB, Seftel MD, Pitz MW, Kumar R, Banerji V, et al. Increased risk of second malignancies in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia patients as compared with follicular lymphoma patients: a Canadian population-based study. Br J Cancer. 2013; 109: 1287-1290.
4. Burger JA. Nurture versus nature: the microenvironment in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program. 2011; 2011: 96-103.
5. Rossi D, Gaidano G. Richter syndrome: molecular insights and clinical perspectives. Hematol Oncol. 2009; 27: 1-10.
6. Brecher M, Banks PM. Hodgkin's disease variant of Richter's syndrome. Report of eight cases. Am J Clin Pathol. 1990; 93: 333-339. [OpenAIRE]
7. Fayad L, Robertson LE, O'Brien S, Manning JT, Wright S, Hagemeister F, et al. Hodgkin's disease variant of Richter's syndrome: experience at a single institution. Leuk Lymphoma. 1996; 23: 333-337.
8. Weisenberg E, Anastasi J, Adeyanju M, Variakojis D, Vardiman JW. Hodgkin's disease associated with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Eight additional cases, including two of the nodular lymphocyte predominant type. Am J Clin Pathol. 1995; 103: 479-484.
9. Lee A, Skelly ME, Kingma DW, Medeiros LJ. B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia followed by high grade T-cell lymphoma. An unusual variant of Richter's syndrome. Am J Clin Pathol. 1995; 103: 348-352.
10. Martinez A, Pittaluga S, Villamor N, Colomer D, Rozman M, Raffeld M, et al. Clonal T-cell populations and increased risk for cytotoxic T-cell lymphomas in B-CLL patients: clinicopathologic observations and molecular analysis. Am J Surg Pathol. 2004; 28: 849-858.
11. Novogrudsky A, Amorosi EL, Gottesman SR. High-grade T-cell lymphoma complicating B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia: an unusual manifestation of “Richter's syndrome”. Am J Hematol. 2001; 66: 203-206.
12. Working Group Report. International rules for multiple primary cancers (ICD-0 third edition). Eur J Cancer Prev. 2005; 14: 307-308.
13. Riches JC, Davies JK, McClanahan F, Fatah R, Iqbal S, Agrawal S, et al. T cells from CLL patients exhibit features of T-cell exhaustion but retain capacity for cytokine production. Blood. 2013; 121: 1612-1621.
14. Görgün G, Holderried TA, Zahrieh D, Neuberg D, Gribben JG. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells induce changes in gene expression of CD4 and CD8 T cells. J Clin Invest. 2005; 115: 1797-1805. [OpenAIRE]
15. Callea V, Brugiatelli M, Stelitano C, Gentile M, Nobile F, Morabito F. Incidence of second neoplasia in patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia treated with chlorambucil maintenance chemotherapy. Leuk Lymphoma. 2006; 47: 2314-2320.