Hospital admission planning to optimize major resources utilization under uncertainty
Conference object, ReportEnglishOPEN
Dellaert , Nico; Jeunet , Jully;
Subject: integer linear programming | [ INFO ] Computer Science [cs] | intensive and medium care resources allocation | tactical plan | operational schedule | operation theatre planning | patient mix
International audience; Admission policies for elective inpatient services mainly result in the management of a single resource: the operating theatre as it is commonly considered as the most critical and expensive resource in a hospital. However, other bottleneck resou... View more
1. J.M.H. Vissers, I.J.B.F. Adan, and N.P. Dellaert, 2007. Developing a platform for comparison of hospital admission systems: An Illustration. European Journal of Operational Research, 180, 1290-1301.
2. R. J. Kusters and P.M.A. Groot, 1996. Modelling resource availability in general hospitals. Design and implementation of a decision support model, European Journal of Operational Research, 88, 428-445.
3. P. Gemmel and R. Van Dierdonck, 1999. Admission scheduling in acute care hospitals: does the practice fit with the theory?. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 19 (9), 863-878. (now something goes wrong in layout)
4. V.L. Smith-Daniels, S.B. Schweikhart and D.E. Smith-Daniels, 1988. Capacity management in health care services. Decision Sciences, 19, 898-919.
5. R.B. Fetter and J.D. Thompson, 1969. A decision model for the design and operation of a progressive patient care hospital. Medical Care, 7 (6), 450-462.
6. A. Roth and R. van Dierdonck, 1995. Hospital resource planning: concepts, feasibility, and framework. Production and Operations Management, 4 (1), 2-29.
7. D. Worthington, 1991. Hospital Waiting List Management Models, Journal of the Operational Research Society, 42, 833-843.
8. J. Bowers and G. Mould, 2002. Concentration and variability of orthopaedic demand, Journal of the Operational Research Society, 53, 203-210.
9. I.J.B.F. Adan and J.M.H. Vissers, 2002. Patient mix optimisation in hospital admission planning: a case study. Special issue on 'operations management in health care' of the International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 22(4), 445-461.
10. J.M.H. Vissers, I.J.B.F. Adan and J.A.Bekkers, 2005. Patient mix optimization in cardiothoracic surgery planning: a case study. IMA Journal of Management Mathematics, 16, 281-304.