Skin friction: a novel approach to measuring in vivo human skin
Publisher: University of Twente
Subject: Onderzoek van algemene industriele aardMechanical engineering and technologyProduktie- en procestechnieken | METIS-294651 | IR-84303
mesheuropmc: human activities | body regions | musculoskeletal system | integumentary system | musculoskeletal diseases
The human skin plays an important role in people’s lives. It is in constant interaction with the environment, clothing and consumer products. This thesis discusses one of the parameters in the interaction between the human skin in vivo and other materials: skin friction... View more
7. Venus M, Waterman J, McNab I. Basic physiology of the skin. Surgery 2010;28(10):469-72.
8. Wickett RR, Visscher MO. Structure and function of the epidermal barrier. Am J Infect Control 2006;34(10):S98-110.
9. Derler S, Gerhardt LC. Tribology of skin: review and analysis of experimental results for the friction coeficient of human skin. Tribol Lett 2012;45:1-27.
10. Dick JC. Observations on the elastic tissue of the skin with a note on the reticular layer at the junction of the dermis and epidermis. J Anat 1947;81(Pt3):201-11.
11. Bouwstra JA, Groenink WW, Kempenaar JA, Romeijn SG, Ponec M. Water distribution and natural moisturizer factor content in human skin equivalents are regulated by environmental relative humidity. J Invest Dermatol 2008;128:378-88.
12. Edsberg LE, Mates RE, Baier RE, Lauren M. Mechanical characteristics of human skin subjected to static versus cyclic normal pressures. J Rehabil Res Dev 1999; 36(2):133-41.
13. Nakazawa N, Ikeura R, Inooka H. Characteristics of human fingertips in the shearing direction. Biol Cybern 2000;82:207-14.
14. Langer K. On the anatomy and physiology of the skin. I. the cleavability of the cutis. Br J Plast Surg 1978;31:3-8.
16. Nakagawa N, Sakai S, Matumoto M, Yamada K, Nagano M, Yuki T et al. Relationship between NMF (lactate and potassium) content and the physical properties of the stratum corneum in healthy subjects. J Invest Dermatol 2004;122:755-63.