Subject: JUMPERS KNEE | SPORTS | Orthopedics and Sports Medicine | Study protocol | Diseases of the musculoskeletal system | RC925-935 | UMCG Approved
mesheuropmc: human activities
<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>Patellar tendinopathy is a major problem for many athletes, especially those involved in jumping activities. Despite its frequency and negative impact on athletic careers, no evidence-based guidelines for management of this overuse i... View more
1. Blazina ME, Kerlan RK, Jobe FW, Carter VS, Carlson GJ: Jumper's knee. Orthop Clin North Am 1973, 4:665-678.
2. Kannus P: Etiology and pathophysiology of chronic tendon disorders in sports. Scand J Med Sci Sports 1997, 7:78-85.
3. Zwerver J, Bredeweg SW: Prevalence of jumper's knee among non-elite athletes from three different sports. Abstract book of the XXIX FIMS World Congress of Sports Medicine, Beijing, 2006 2006, 273.
4. Lian OB, Engebretsen L, Bahr R: Prevalence of jumper's knee among elite athletes from different sports: a cross-sectional study. Am J Sports Med 2005, 33:561-567.
5. Kettunen JA, Kvist M, Alanen E, Kujala UM: Long-term prognosis for jumper's knee in male athletes. A prospective follow-up study. Am J Sports Med 2002, 30:689-692.
6. Cook JL, Khan KM: What is the most appropriate treatment for patellar tendinopathy?. Br J Sports Med 2001, 35:291-294.
7. Peers KH, Lysens RJ: Patellar tendinopathy in athletes: current diagnostic and therapeutic recommendations. Sports Med 2005, 35:71-87.
8. Bahr R, Fossan B, Loken S, Engebretsen L: Surgical treatment compared with eccentric training for patellar tendinopathy (Jumper's Knee). A randomized, controlled trial. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2006, 88:1689-1698.
9. Coleman BD, Khan KM, Maffulli N, Cook JL, Wark JD: Studies of surgical outcome after patellar tendinopathy: clinical significance of methodological deficiencies and guidelines for future studies. Victorian Institute of Sport Tendon Study Group. Scand J Med Sci Sports 2000, 10:2-11.
10. Khan KM, Cook JL, Bonar F, Harcourt P, Astrom M: Histopathology of common tendinopathies. Update and implications for clinical management. Sports Med 1999, 27:393-408.