The effects of sleep deprivation were studied on the occurrence of spike-wave discharges in the electroencephalogram of rats of the epileptic WAG/Rij strain, a model for absence epilepsy. This was done before, during and after a period of 12 hours of near total sleep de... View more
3. Veldhuizen R, Binnie CD, Beintema DJ. The effect of sleep deprivation on the EEG in epilepsy. Electroencephalogr Clin NeurophysioI1983;SS:SOS-12.
4. Klingler D, Tragner H, Deisenhammer E. The nature of the influence of sleep deprivation on the EEG. In: Degen R, Rodin EA, eds. Epilepsy, sleep and sleep deprivation, 2nd edition. Amsterdam: Elsevier Science Publishers B.V., 1991 :231-4.
5. Pratt KL, Mattson RH, Weikers NJ, Williams R. EEG activation of epileptics following sleep deprivation: a prospective study of 114 cases. Electroencephalogr Clin NeurophysioI1968;24: 11-5.
6. Shouse MN. Sleep deprivation increases susceptibility to kindled and penicillin seizure events during all waking and sleep states in cats. Sleep 1988;11:162-71.
7. Peeters BWMM, Van Luijtelaar ELJM, Coenen AML. Absence epilepsy in rats is reduced by deprivation of REM sleep. Physiol Behav 1989;46:115-9.
8. Coenen AML, Drinkenburg WHIM, Inoue M, Van Luijtelaar ELJM. Genetic models of absence epilepsy, with emphasis on the WAG/Rij strain of rats. Epilepsy Res 1992;12:75-86.
9. Coenen AML, Drinkenburg WHIM, Peeters BWMM, Vossen JMH, Van Luijtelaar ELJM. Absence epilepsy and the level of vigilance in rats of the WAG/Rij strain. Neurosci Biobehav Rev 1991;15:259-63.
10. Van Luijtelaar ELJM, Coenen AML. An EEG averaging technique for automated sleep-wake stage identification in the rat. Physiol Behav 1984;33:837-41.