Subject: Glasgow Outcome Scale, Pediatric Index of Mortality 2 | pediatric head trauma | Glasgow Coma Scale, Pediatric Trauma Score
mesheuropmc: macromolecular substances
Objectives. To determine the threshold values of Pediatric Index of Mortality 2 (PIM 2) score, Pediatric Trauma Score (PTS), and Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS) score for mortality in children after severe head injury and to evaluate changes in outcomes of children after sever... View more
1. Holland AJA. Paediatric trauma. J Paediatr Child Health 2005;41:623-4.
2. Soto-Ars G, Vinchon M, Delmire C, Abecidan E, Dhellemes P, Pruvo JP. Cerebellar atrophy after severe traumatic head injury in children. Childs Nerv Syst 2001;17:263-9.
3. Gessler P. Evaluation of pediatric head trauma in the emergency department. Eur J Pediatr 2006;165:141.
4. Starkuviene S. Childhood injuries in Lithuania. Nordic School of Public Health. MPH 2006:5 Dnr U12/01:101. Available from: URL: http://www.nhv.se.
5. Ducrocq S, Mayer P, Orliaquet G, Blanot S, Laurent-Vannier A, Carli P. Epidemiology and early predictive factors of outcome in children with severe head injury. Crit Care 2001; 5(Suppl 1):P243.
6. Fani-Salek MH, Totten VY, Terezakis SA. Trauma scoring systems explained. Emerg Med 1999;11:155-66.
7. Gabbe BJ, Cameron PA, Finch CF. The status of the Glasgow Coma Scale. Emerg Med 2003;15:353-60.
8. Tepas JJ 3rd, Ramenofsky ML, Mollitt DL, Gans BM, DiScala C. The Pediatric Trauma Score as a predictor of injury severity: an objective assessment. J Trauma 1988;28(4):425-9.
9. Shann F, Pearson G, Slater A, Wilkinson K. Paediatric index of mortality (PIM): a mortality prediction model for children in intensive care. Intensive Care Med 1997;23:201-7.
10. Leteurtre S, Leclerc F, Wirth J, Noizet O, Magnenant E, Sadik A, et al. Can generic paediatric mortality scores calculated 4 hours after admission be used as inclusion criteria for clinical trials? Crit Care 2004;8:R185-93. Available from: URL: http:/ /ccforum.com/content/8/4/R185