In this paper we apply the differential transform method for solving fifthorder boundary value problems. The analytical and numerical results of the equations have been obtained in terms of convergent series with easily computable components. Three examples are given to... View more
1. A. Arıkoğlu, I. Özkol, Solution of boundary value problems for integro-differential equations by using differential transform method, Applied Mathematics and Computation 168, 1145-1158, 2005.
2. A. Karageoghis, T.N. Philips and A.R. Davies, Spectral collocation methods for the primary two-point boundary-value problems in modeling viscoelastic flows, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering 26, 805-813, 1998.
3. A.M. Wazwaz, The numerical solution of fifth-order boundary value problems by the decomposition method, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 136, 259- 270, 2001.
4. A.R.Davies, A. Karageoghis and T.N. Philips , Spectral Galerkin methods for the priary two-point boundary-value problems in modeling viscoelastic flows, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering 26, 647-662, 1998.
5. M. J. Jang, C.L. Chen, Analysis of the response of a strongly nonlinear damped system using a differential transformation technique, Applied Mathematics and Computation 88, 137-151, 1997.
6. D.J. Fyfe, Linear dependence relations connecting equal interval Nth degree splines and their derivatives, Journal of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications 7, 398-406, 1971.
7. F. Ayaz, Solutions of the system of differential equations by differential transform method, Applied Mathematics and Computation 147, 547-567, 2004.
8. G.L. Liu, New research directions in singular perturbation theory: artificial parameter pproach and inverse-perturbation technique, Proceeding of the Conference of the 7th Modern Mathematics and Mechanics, Shanghai, 1997.
9. H. Liu, Y. Song, Differential transform method applied to high index, Applied Mathematics and Computation 184, 748-753, 2007 .
10. H.N. Çaglar, S.H. Çaglar and E.H. Twizell, The numerical solution of fiffth-order boundary value problems with sixth-degree B-spline functions, Applied Mathematics Letters 12, 25-30, 1999.