mesheuropmc: behavioral disciplines and activities | sense organs | mental disorders
Bipolar disorder in adolescents is a serious mental illness with problematic diagnosis that adversely affects social, academic, emotional, and family functioning. The objective of this study was to analyze features of premorbid and clinical symptoms, comorbidity, and co... View more
1. Geller B, Craney JL, Bolhofner K, DelBello MP, Williams M, Zimerman B. One-year recovery and relapse rates of children with a prepubertal and early adolescent bipolar disorder phenotype. Am J Psychiatry 2001;158(2):303-5.
2. Geller B, Craney JL, Bolhofner K, Nickelsburg MJ, Williams M, Zimerman B. Two-year prospective follow-up of children with a prepubertal and early adolescent bipolar disorder phenotype. Am J Psychiatry 2002;159(6);927-33.
3. Wozniak J. Recognizing and managing bipolar disorder in children. J Clin Psychiatry 2005:66(1):18-23.
4. Geller B, Tillman R, Craney JL, Bolhofner K. Four-year prospective outcome and natural history of mania in children with a prepubertal and early adolescent bipolar disorder phenotype. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2004;61(5):459-67.
5. Kowatch RA, Youngstrom EA, Danielyan A, Findling RL. Review and meta-analysis of the phenomenology and clinical characteristics of mania in children and adolescents. Bipolar Disord 2005;7(6):483-96.
6. Wozniak J, Biederman J, Richards JA. Diagnostic and therapeutic dilemmas in the management of pediatric-onset bipolar disorder. J Clin Psychiatry 2001;62(14):10-1.
7. Wozniak J, Biederman J, Kwon A. How cardinal are cardinal symptoms in pediatric bipolar disorder? An examination of clinical correlates. Biol Psychiatry 2005;58(7):583-8.
8. Weller EB, Weller RA, Fristad MA. Bipolar diagnosis in children: misdiagnosis, underdiagnosis, and future directions. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 1995;34(6):709-14.
9. Cogan MB. Diagnosis and treatment of bipolar disorders in children and adolescents. Psychiatric Times 1996;13(5):1-5.
10. Wozniak J, Biederman J, Kiely K, Ablon JS, Faraone SV, Mundy E, et al. Mania-like symptoms suggestive of childhoodonset bipolar disorder in clinically referred children. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 1995;34(7):867-76.