1. Hu FB. Globalization of diabetes. The role of diet, lifestyle, and genes. Diabetes Care. 2011;34:1249-1257.
2. Bhandari U, Chaudhari HS, Khanna G, Najmi AK. Antidiabetic effects of Embelia ribes extract in high fat diet and low dose streptozotocininduced type 2 diabetic rats. Front Life Sci. 2013;7:186-196.
3. Steyn NP, Mann J, Bennett PH, et al. Diet nutrition and the prevention of type 2 diabetes. Public Health Nutr. 2004;7:147-165.
4. Kwon DY, Daily JW, Kim HJ, Park S. Antidiabetic effects of fermented soybean products on type 2 diabetes. Nutr Res. 2010;30:1-13.
5. Adeyemo SM, Onillude AA. Enzymatic reduction of anti-nutritional factors in fermenting soybeans by Lactobacillus plantarum isolates from fermenting cereals. NIFOJ. 2013;31:84-90. [OpenAIRE]
6. Ankolekar C, Pinto M, Greene D, Shetty K. Phenolic bioactive modulation by Lactobacillus acidophilus mediated fermentation of cherry extracts for anti-diabetic functionality, Helicobacter pylori inhibition and probiotic Bidfiobacterium longum stimulation. Food Biotechnol. 2011; 25:305-335.
7. Telang AM, Joshi VS, Sutar N, Thorat BN. Enhancement of biological properties of soymilk by fermentation. Food Biotechnol. 2010;24: 375-387. [OpenAIRE]
8. Kuwaki S, Nakajima N, Tanaka H, Ishihara K. Plant-based paste fermented by lactic acid bacteria and yeast: functional analysis and possibility of application to functional foods. Biochem Insights. 2012;5: 21-29. [OpenAIRE]
9. Honda K, Moto M, Uchida N, He F, Hashizume N. Anti-diabetic effects of lactic acid bacteria in normal and type 2 diabetic mice. J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2012;51:96-101. [OpenAIRE]
10. Zulkawi N, Ng KH, Zamberi R, et al. In vitro characterization and in vivo toxicity, antioxidant and immunomouldatory effect of fermented foods; Xeniji™. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:344. [OpenAIRE]
11. Shimada T, Motonaga C, Matsuura S, et al. Effects of a fermented vegetable product on fat deposition and bone metabolism in ovariectomized rats. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2004;50:422-425.
12. Zulkawi N, Ng KH, Zamberi R, et al. The in vivo hepato-recovery effects of the polyphenolic rich fermented food Xeniji on ethanol-induced liver damage. RSC Adv. 2017;7:38287-38299. [OpenAIRE]
13. Tamang JP, Shin DH, Jung SJ, Chae SW. Functional properties of microorganisms in fermented foods. Front Microbiol. 2016;7:578.
14. Beh BK, Mohamad NE, Yeap SK, et al. Anti-obesity and anti-inaflmmatory effects of synthetic acetic acid vinegar and Nipa vinegar on high fatdiet-induced obese mice. Sci Rep. 2017;7:6664. [OpenAIRE]
15. Tahara A, Matsuyama-Yokono A, Shibasaki M. Effects of antidiabetic drugs in high-fat diet and streptozotocin-nicotinamide-induced type 2 diabetic mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;655:108-116. [OpenAIRE]