1. Jemal A, Murray T, Wand E, et al. Cancer statistics, 2005. CA Cancer J Clin. 2005;55:10-30.
2. Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Collaborative Group. Chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer: a meta-analysis using updated data on individual patients from 52 randomised clinical trials. BMJ. 1995;311 (7010):899-909.
3. NSCLC Meta-Analyses Collaborative Group. Chemotherapy in addition to supportive care improves survival in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of individual patient data from 16 randomized controlled trials. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26(28): 4617-4625.
4. Delbaldo C, Michiels S, Syz N, Soria JC, Le Chevalier T, Pignon JP. Benefits of adding a drug to a single-agent or a 2-agent chemotherapy regimen in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a meta-analysis. JAMA. 2004;292:470-484.
5. Kelly K, Crowley J, Bunn PA Jr, et al. Randomized phase III trial of paclitaxel plus carboplatin versus vinorelbine plus cisplatin in the treatment of patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a Southwest Oncology Group trial. J Clin Oncol. 2001;19(13):3210-3218.
6. Schiller J, Harrington D, Belani C, et al. Comparison of four chemotherapy regimens for advanced non-small cell lung cancer. N Engl J Med. 2002;346:92-98.
7. von Plessen C, Bergman B, Andresen O, et al. Palliative chemotherapy beyond three courses conveys no survival or consistent quality-of-life benefits in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Br J Cancer. 2006; 95:966-973. [OpenAIRE]
8. Socinski MA, Schell MJ, Peterman A, et al. Phase III trial comparing a defined duration of therapy versus continuous therapy followed by second-line therapy in advanced-stage IIIB/IV non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2002;20:1335-1343. [OpenAIRE]
9. Azzoli CG, Baker S Jr, Temin S, et al. American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline update on chemotherapy for stage IV non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27(36): 6251-6266.
10. Zhao R, Babani S, Gao F, Liu L, Goldman ID. The mechanism of transport of the multitargeted antifolate. MTA-LY231514, and its cross-resistance pattern in cell with impaired transport of methotrexate. Clin Cancer Res. 2000;6:3687-3695.
11. Schultz RM, Patel VF, Worzalla JF, Shih CA. Role of thymidylate synthase in the antitumor activity of the multitargeted antifolate, LY231514. Anticancer Res. 1999;19:437-443.
12. Shih C, Chen VJ, Gossett LS, et al. LY231514, a pyrrolo(2,3-d) pyrimidine-based antifolate that inhibits multiple folate-requiring enzymes. Cancer Res. 1997;57:1116-2011.
13. Rollins KD, Lindley C. Pemetrexed: a multitargeted antifolate. Clin Ther. 2005;27(9):1343-1382.
14. Hanna N, Shepherd FA, Fosella FV, et al. Randomized phase III trial of pemetrexed versus docetaxel in patients with non-small-cell lung cance previously treated with chemotherapy. J Clin Onc. 2004;22: 1589-1597.
15. Scagliotti GV, Parikh P, von Pawel J, et al. Phase III study comparing cisplatin plus gemcitabine with cisplatin plus pemetrexed in chemotherapy-naive patients with advanced-stage non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:3543-3551. [OpenAIRE]