1. Aadil N, Houti IE, Moussamih S. Drug intake during Ramadan. BMJ. 2004; 329(7469):778-82. [OpenAIRE]
2. Ibrahim WH, Habib HM, Jarrar AH, Al Baz SA. Effect of Ramadan fasting on markers of oxidative stress and serum biochemical markers of cellular damage in healthy subjects. Ann Nutr Metab. 2008; 53(3-4):175-81.
3. Hallak MH, Nomani MZ. Body weight loss and changes in blood lipid levels in normal men on hypocaloric diets during Ramadan fasting. Am J Clin Nutr. 1988; 48(5):1197-210. [OpenAIRE]
4. Fedail SS, Murphy D, Salih SY, Bolton CH, Harvey RF. Changes in certain blood constituents during Ramadan. Am J Clin Nutr. 1982; 36(2):350-3. [OpenAIRE]
5. Trepanowski JF, Bloomer RJ. The impact of religious fasting on human health. Nutr J. 2010; 9(1):57. [OpenAIRE]
6. Spindler SR. Caloric restriction: from soup to nuts. Ageing Res Rev. 2010; 9(3):324-53.
7. Wan R, Ahmet I, Brown M, Cheng A, Kamimura N, Talan M, et al. Cardioprotective effect of intermittent fasting is associated with an elevation of adiponectin levels in rats. J Nutr Biochem. 2010; 21(5):413-7.
8. Mattson MP, Wan R. Beneficial effects of intermittent fasting and caloric restriction on the cardiovascular and cerebrovascular systems. J Nutr Biochem. 2005; 16(3):129-37.
9. Longo VD, Mattson MP. Fasting: molecular mechanisms and clinical applications. Cell Metab. 2014; 19(2):181-92.
10. Varady KA, Hellerstein MK. Alternate-day fasting and chronic disease prevention: a review of human and animal trials. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007; 86(1):7-13.
11. Varady KA, Roohk DJ, McEvoy-Hein BK, Gaylinn BD, Thorner MO, Hellerstein MK. Modified alternate-day fasting regimens reduce cell proliferation rates to a similar extent as daily calorie restriction in mice. FASEB J. 2008; 22(6):2090-6.
12. Shehab A, Abdulle A, El Issa A, Al Suwaidi J, Nagelkerke N. Favorable changes in lipid profile: the effects of fasting after Ramadan. PloS One. 2012; 7(10):e47615.
13. Bouhlel E, Denguezli M, Zaouali M, Tabka Z, Shephard RJ. Ramadan fasting's effect on plasma leptin, adiponectin concentrations, and body composition in trained young men. Int J Sport Nutr Exer Metab. 2008; 18(6):617-27. [OpenAIRE]
14. Faris MA, Kacimi S, Al-Kurd RA, Fararjeh MA, Bustanji YK, Mohammad MK, et al. Intermittent fasting during Ramadan attenuates proinflammatory cytokines and immune cells in healthy subjects. Nutr Res. 2012; 32(12):947-55. [OpenAIRE]
15. Lu J, E L, Wang W, Frontera J, Zhu H, Wang WT, et al. Alternate day fasting impacts the brain insulin-signaling pathway of young adult male C57BL/6 mice. J Neurochem. 2011; 117(1):154-63.