1. Bottini P, Boschetti E, Pampanelli S, Ciofetta M, Del Sindaco P, Scionti L, et al. Contribution of autonomic neuropathy to reduced plasma adrenaline responses to hypoglycemia in IDDM: evidence for a nonselective defect. Diabetes. 1997; 46 (5):814-23. [OpenAIRE]
2. Salti I, Benard E, Detournay B, Bianchi-Biscay M, Le Brigand C, Voinet C, et al. A population-based study of diabetes and its characteristics during the fasting month of Ramadan in 13 countries: results of the epidemiology of diabetes and Ramadan 1422/2001 (EPIDIAR) study. Diabetes Care. 2004; 27 (10):2306-11.
3. Yarahmadi SH, Larijani B, Bastanhagh MH, Pajouhi M, Baradar Jalili R, Zahedi F, et al. Metabolic and clinical effects of Ramadan fasting in patients with type II diabetes. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2003; 13 (6):329-32.
4. Norouzy A, Mohajeri SM, Shakeri S, Yari F, Sabery M, Philippou E, et al. Effect of Ramadan fasting on glycemic control in patients with Type 2 diabetes. J Endocrinol Invest. 2012; 35 (8):766-71.
5. Bonakdaran SH, Khajeh-Dalouie M. The effects of fasting during Ramadan on glycemic excursions detected by continuous glucose monitoring system (CGMS) in patients with type 2 diabetes. Med J Malaysia. 2011; 66 (5):447-50. [OpenAIRE]
6. Roky R, Chapotot F, Hakkou F, Benchekroun MT, Buguet A. Sleep during Ramadan intermittent fasting. J Sleep Res. 2001; 10 (4):319-27. [OpenAIRE]
7. Haouari M, Haouari-Oukerro F, Sfaxi A, Ben Rayana MC, Kâabachi N, Mbazâa A. How Ramadan fasting affects caloric consumption, body weight, and circadian evolution of cortisol serum levels in young, healthy male volunteers. Horm Metab Res. 2008; 40 (8):575-7.
8. Kul S, Savas E, Ozturk ZA, Karadağ G. Does Ramadan fasting alter body weight and blood lipids and fasting blood glucose in a healthy population? A meta-analysis. J Relig Health. 2014; 53 (3):929-42.
9. Mazidi M, Rezaie P, Chaudhri O, Karimi E, Nematy M. The effect of Ramadan fasting on cardiometabolic risk factors and anthropometrics parameters: a systematic review. Pak J Med Sci. 2015; 31 (5):1250-5.
10. International Diabetes Federation and the DAR International Alliance. Diabetes and Ramadan: Practical Guidelines. Brussels, Belgium: International Diabetes Federation; 2016.
11. Alghadyan AA. Retinal vein occlusion in Saudi Arabia: possible role of dehydration. Ann Ophthalmol. 1993; 25 (10):394-8.