1. Compston A, Coles A. Multiple sclerosis. Lancet 2008; 372: 1502-1517.
2. O'Connor P. Key issues in the diagnosis and treatment of multiple sclerosis: an overview. Neurology 2002; 59: S1-S33.
3. Romberg A, Virtanen A, Aunola S, Karppi SL, Karanko H, Ruutiainen J. Exercise capacity, disability and leisure physical activity of subjects with multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler 2004; 10: 212-218. [OpenAIRE]
4. Shephard RJ. Independence: a new reason for recommending regular exercise to your patients. Phys Sportsmed 2009; 37: 115-118.
5. Thompson W, Gordon N, Pescatello L. American College of Sports Medicine: ACSM's guidelines for exercise testing and prescription. 8th edn. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2010.
6. Albouaini K, Egred M, Alahmar A, Wright DJ. Cardiopulmonary exercise testing and its application. Postgrad Med J 2007; 83: 675-682. [OpenAIRE]
7. Beckerman H, de Groot V, Scholten MA, Kempen JC, Lankhorst GJ. Physical activity behavior of people with multiple sclerosis: understanding how they can become more physically active. Phys Ther 2010; 90: 1001-1013.
8. Coote S, O'Dwyer C. Energy expenditure during everyday activities - a study comparing people with varying mobility limitations due to multiple sclerosis and healthy controls. Disabil Rehabil 2014; 36: 2059-2064. [OpenAIRE]
9. Arnett SW, Laity JH, Agrawal SK, Cress ME. Aerobic reserve and physical functional performance in older adults. Age Ageing 2008; 37: 384-389. [OpenAIRE]
10. Beckerman H, Blikman LJ, Heine M, Malekzadeh A, Teunissen CE, Bussmann JB, et al. The effectiveness of aerobic training, cognitive behavioural therapy, and energy conservation management in treating MS-related fatigue: the design of the TREFAMS-ACE programme. Trials 2013; 14: 250. [OpenAIRE]
11. Balady GJ, Arena R, Sietsema K, Myers J, Coke L, Fletcher GF, et al. Clinician's Guide to cardiopulmonary exercise testing in adults: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Circulation 2010; 122: 191-225. [OpenAIRE]
12. Langeskov-Christensen M, Heine M, Kwakkel G, Dalgas U. Aerobic capacity in persons with multiple sclerosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Sports Med 2015; 45: 905-923. [OpenAIRE]
13. Ramos-Jiménez A, Hernández-Torres RP, Torres-Durán PV, Romero-Gonzalez J, Mascher D, Posadas-Romero C, et al. The respiratory exchange ratio is associated with fitness indicators both in trained and untrained men: a possible application for people with reduced exercise tolerance. Clin Med Circ Respirat Pulm Med 2008; 2: 1-9. [OpenAIRE]
14. Scherr J, Wolfarth B, Christle JW, Pressler A, Wagenpfeil S, Halle M. Associations between Borg's rating of perceived exertion and physiological measures of exercise intensity. Eur J Appl Physiol 2013; 113: 147-155.
15. Loe H, Rognmo Ø, Saltin B, Wisløff U. Aerobic capacity reference data in 3816 healthy men and women 20-90 years. PLoS One 2013; 8: e64319. [OpenAIRE]