1. Berglund B, Lindvall T, Schwela DH, Goh KT. Guidelines for community noise. Geneva: Technical Report, World Health Organization (WHO); 1999.
2. American Academy of Pediatrics- Committee on Environmental Hazards. Noise Pollution: Neonatal Aspects. Pediatr 1974; 54(4):476-79.
3. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Noise Abatement and Control. Information on Levels of Environmental Noise Requisite to Protect Public Health and Welfare with an Adequate Margin of Safety (Report No. 5509-74-004). Washington: DC: Government Printing Office; 1974.
American Academy of Pediatrics- Committee on Environmental Health. Noise: A Hazard for the Fetus and Newborn. Pediatr 1997; 100(4):724-27.
White RD. Recommended standards for newborn ICU design-Committee to establish recommended standards for newborn ICU design. J Perinatol 1999; 19:S1-S12.
Manipal J Nurs Health Sci 2015; 1(1):57-62.
7. Lotas MJ. Effects of light and sound in the neonatal intensive care unit environment on the low-birthweight infant. NAACOGS Clin Issu Perinat Womens Health Nurs 1992; 3(1):34-43.
8. Graven SN. The full-tem and Premature Newborn. Sound and the Developing Infant in the NICU: Conclusions and Recommendations for Care. J Perinatol 2000; 20: S88-S93. [OpenAIRE]
9. Abramovich SJ, Gregory S, Slemick M, Stewart A. Hearing loss in very low birth weight infants treated with neonatal intensive care. Arch Dis Child 1979; 54: 421-26. [OpenAIRE]
10. Policy Statement: Levels of Neonatal Care. Pediatr 2004; 114(5):1341-47. Reaffirmed May 2009
11. Hirschorn M. Noise control Reference Handbook. Bronx, NY: Industrial Acoustics Company; 1989.
12. Wickström G, Bendix T: The “Hawthorne effect” - what did the original Hawthorne studies actually show? Scand J Work Environ Health 2000, 26:363-367. [OpenAIRE]
13. Livera MD, Priya B, Ramesh A, Suman Rao PN, Srilakshmi V, Nagapoornima M, et al. Spectral analysis of noise in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Indian J Pediatr 2008; 75(3): 217-22.
14. Kumar AKP. Effectiveness of noise reduction protocol on noise level, knowledge and practice of staff in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of selected hospitals in Udupi district, Karnataka. Unpublished master's dissertation submitted to Manipal University, Manipal: 2012 July.
15. Philbin MK, Robertson A, Hall JW. Recommended Permissible noise criteria for occupied, newly constructed or renovated hospital nurseries. J Perinatol 1999; 19(8 Pt1): 559-63.