Subject: R | phosphorus loss | Medicine | Article | AnnAGNPS watershed modeling | phosphorus fertilization rates
High phosphorus (P) loss from agricultural fields has been an environmental concern because of potential water quality problems in streams and lakes. To better understand the process of P loss and evaluate the effects of different phosphorus fertilization rates on phosp... View more
Lake Erie: Lakewide Management Plan; Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (Ohio EPA): Columbus, OH, USA, 2008; Available online: http://www.epa.ohio.gov/dsw/ohiolamp/index.aspx (accessed on May 19 2011).
Rabalais, N.N.; Turner, R.E.; Justic, D.; Dortch, Q.; Wiseman, J.W.; Sen Gupta, B.K. Nutrient changes in the Mississippi River and system response on the adjacent continental shelf. Estuaries 1996, 19, 385-407.
Rabalais, N.N.; Turner, R.E.; Justic, D.; Dortch, Q.; Wiseman, J.W. In Characterization of Hypoxia: Topic 1 Report for the Integrated Assessment on Hypoxia in the Gulf of Mexico; NOAA Coastal Ocean Program Decision Analysis Series No. 15; U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Ocean Service, National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science, Center for Sponsored Coastal Ocean Research-Coastal Ocean Program: Silver Spring, MD, USA, 1999.
Aulenbach, B.T.; Buxton, H.T.; Battaglin, W.A.; Coupe, R.H. Stream Flow and Nutrient Fluxes of the Mississippi-Atchafalaya River Basin and Subbasins for the Period of Record Through 2005; U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2007-1080; U.S. Geological Survey: Reston, VA, USA, 2007; Available online http://toxics.usgs.gov/pubs/of-2007-1080/index.html (accessed on 30 March 2007).
Environmental Protection Agency: Washington, DC, USA, 2007; Available online: http://www.epa.gov/msbasin/pdf/sab_report_2007.pdf (accessed on 10 September 2009).
6. Sharpley, A.N. Dependence of runoff phosphorus on extractable soil phosphorus level. J. Environ. Qual. 1995, 24, 920-926.
7. Little, J.L.; Nolan, S.C.; Casson, J.P.; Olson, B.M. Relationships between soil and runoff phosphorus in small Alberta watersheds. J. Environ. Qual. 2007, 36, 1289-1300.
8. Volf, C.A.; Ontkean, G.R.; Bennett, D.R.; Chanasyk, D.S.; Miller, J.J. Phosphorus losses in simulated rainfall runoff from manured soils of Alberta. J. Environ. Qual. 2007, 36, 730-741.
9. Pote, D.H.; Daniel, T.C.; Nichols, D.J.; Sharpley, A.N.; Moore Jr., P.A.; Miller, D.M.; Edwards, D.R. Relationship between phosphorus levels in three Ultisols and phosphorus concentrations in runoff. J. Environ. Qual. 1999, 28, 170-175.
10. Sharpley, A.N.; Chapra, S.C.; Wedepohl, R.; Sims, J.T.; Daniel, T.C.; Reddy, K.R. Managing agricultural phosphorus for protection of surface waters: Issues and options. J. Environ. Qual. 1994, 23, 437-451.