Subject: TP1-1185 | energy harvesting | corrosion monitoring | Chemical technology | wireless sensor | Article
This study presents and implements a corrosion-monitoring wireless sensor platform, EPS (Events as Power Source), which monitors the corrosion events in reinforced concrete (RC) structures, while being powered by the micro-energy released from the corrosion process. In ... View more
1. Roberge, P. Corrosion Engineering; McGraw-Hill: New York, NY, USA, 2008.
2. Global Needs for Knowledge Dissemination, Research, and Development in Materials Deterioration and Corrosion Control. Availabe online: http://www.corrosion.org/ images index/whitepaper (accessed on 2 December 2013).
4. Qiao, G.; Sun, G.; Hong, Y.; Qiu, Y.; Ou, J. Remote corrosion monitoring of the RC structures using the electrochemical wireless energy-harvesting sensors and networks. NDT & E Int. 2011, 47, 583-588.
5. Kansal, A.; Srivastava, M. An Environment Energy Harvesting Framework for Sensor Networks. In Proceedings of the 2003 International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design, Seoul, Korea, 25-27 August 2003; pp. 481-486.
6. Raghunathan, V.; Kansal, A.; Hsu, J.; Friedman, J.; Srivastava, M. Design Considerations for Solar Energy Harvesting Wireless Embedded Systems. In Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 25-27 August 2005; pp. 457-463.
7. Jiang, X.F.; Polastre, J.; Culler, D. Perpetual Environmentally Powered Sensor Networks. In Proceedings of 4th International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 15 April 2005; pp. 463-468.
8. Park, C.; Chou, P. AmbiMax: Autonomous Energy Harvesting Platform for Multi-Supply Wireless Sensor Node. In Proceedings of 2006 3rd Annual IEEE Communications Society on Sensor and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks, Reston, VA, USA, 28 September 2006; pp. 168-177.
9. Simjee, F.; Hou, P. EverLast: Long-Life, Supercapacitor-Operated Wireless Sensor Node. In Proceedings of the 2006 International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design, Tegernsee, Germany, 4-6 October 2006; pp. 179-185.
10. Ingram, M.; Thanayankizil, L.; Jung, J.; Kailas, A. Perspectives on Energy-Harvesting Wireless Sensor Networks; Springer: Berlin, Germany, 2010; Chapter 17, pp. 249-274.