The proposed light-frame structure comprises steel columns for vertical loads and an innovative bracing system to efficiently resist seismic actions. This seismic force resisting system consists of a light timber frame braced with an Oriented Strand Board (OSB) sheet an... View more
1. Karacabeyli, E.; Ceccotti, A. Seismic force modification factor for design of multi-storey wood-frame platform construction. In Proceedings of the 30th Meeting of Working Commission W18-Timber Structures, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 25-28 August 1997.
3. Casagrande, D.; Rossi, S.; Sartori, T.; Tomasi, R. Proposal of an analytical procedure and a simplified numerical model for elastic response of single-storey timber shear-walls. Constr. Build. Mater. 2015. [CrossRef]
4. Casagrande, D.; Rossi, S.; Tomasi, R; Mischi, G. A predictive analytical model for the elasto-plastic behavior of a light timber-frame shear-wall. Constr. Build. Mater. 2015. [CrossRef]
5. Germano, F.; Metelli, G.; Giuriani, E. Experimental results on the role of sheathing-to-frame and base connections of a European timber framed shear wall. Constr. Build. Mater. 2015, 80, 315-328. [CrossRef]
6. Van De Lindt, J.W.; Pei, S.; Pryor, S.E.; Shimizu, H.; Isoda, H. Experimental seismic response of a full-scale six-story light-frame wood building. J. Struct. Eng. 2010, 136, 1262-1272. [CrossRef]
7. Gattesco, N.; Boem, I. Seismic performances and behavior factor of post-and-beam timber buildings braced with nailed shear walls. Eng. Struct. 2015, 100, 674-685. [CrossRef]
8. De la Roche, I.; Dangerfield, J.A.; Karacabeyli, E. Wood products and sustainable construction. N. Z. Timber Des. J. 2003, 12, 9-13.
9. Khorasani, Y. Feasibility study of hybrid wood steel structures. Master's Thesis, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada, April 2011.
10. Stiemer, S.; Tesfamariam, S.; Karacabeyli, E.; Propovski, M. Development of steel-wood hybrid systems for buildings under dynamic loads. In Proceedings of the 7th International Specialty Conference on Behavior of Steel Structures in Seismic Areas (STESSA), Santiago, Chile, 9-11 January 2012.