This study involved the determination of the peroxide value (POV) as a measure of the resistance of the oxidation of edible oil with grape vine cane additives to assess their antioxidation potential. The study demonstrated that grape extracts of canes could effectively ... View more
1. Li, S.G.; Xue, W.T.; Zhang, H. Research progress in analysis methods of peroxide value in edible oils. Cereals Oils 2007, 7, 35-38.
2. Rehman, Z.; Salariya, A.M. Effect of synthetic antioxidants on storage stability of Khoa-A semi-solid concentrated milk product. Food Chem. 2006, 96, 122-125.
3. Nassu, R.T.; Goncalves, L.A.G.; Pereira da Silva, M.A.A.; Beserra, F.J. Oxidative stability of fermented goat meat sausage with different levels of natural antioxidant. Meat Sci. 2003, 63, 43-49.
4. Ahn, J.H.; Kim, Y.P.; Seo, E.M.; Choi, Y.K.; Kim, H.S. Antioxidant effect of natural plant extracts on the microencapsulated high oleic sunflower oil. J. Food Eng. 2008, 84, 327-334.
5. DeJong, S.; Lanari, M.C. Extracts of olive polyphenols improve lipid stability in cooked beef and pork: Contribution of individual phenolics to the antioxidant activity of the extract. Food Chem. 2009, 116, 892-897.
7. Jayathilakan, K.; Sharma, G.K.; Radhakrishna, K.; Bawa, A.S. Antioxidant potential of synthetic and natural antioxidants and its effect on warmed-over-flavor in different species of meat. Food Chem. 2007, 105, 908-916.
8. Estévez, M.; Ventanas, S.; Cava, R. Effect of natural and synthetic antioxidants on protein oxidation and color and texture changes in refrigerated stored porcine liver pâté. Meat Sci. 2006, 74, 396-403.
9. Bandyopadhyay, M.; Chakraborty, R.; Raychaudhuri, U. Antioxidant activity of natural plant sources in dairy dessert (Sandesh) under thermal treatment. LWT-Food Sci. Technol. 2008, 41, 816-825.
10. Sáyago-Ayerdi, S.G.; Brenes, A.; Goñi, I. Effect of grape antioxidant dietary fiber on the lipid oxidation of raw and cooked chicken hamburgers. LWT-Food Sci. Technol. 2009, 42, 971-976.