Subject: cardiovascular disease | PCOS | pregnancy | Cardiovascular disease; Infertility; PCOS; Polycystic ovary syndrome; Pregnancy; Oncology; Obstetrics and Gynecology; Maternity and Midwifery | infertility | polycystic ovary syndrome | RG1-991 | International Journal of Women's Health | Review | Gynecology and obstetrics
mesheuropmc: endocrine system diseases | nutritional and metabolic diseases | female genital diseases and pregnancy complications
Stefano Palomba,1 Susanna Santagni,1 Angela Falbo,1 Giovanni Battista La Sala1,21Unit of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Arcispedale Santa Maria Nuova-Scientific Institute of Treatment and Care (IRCCS), Reggio Emilia, 2Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of M... View more
1. Azziz R, Woods KS, Reyna R, Key TJ, Knochenhauer ES, Yildiz BO. The prevalence and features of the polycystic ovary syndrome in an unselected population. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89(6):2745-2749.
2. Kauffman RP, Baker TE, Baker VM, DiMarino P, Castracane D. Endocrine and metabolic differences among phenotypic expressions of polycystic ovary syndrome according to the 2003 Rotterdam consensus criteria. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008;198(6):670.e1-670.e10.
3. Diamanti-Kandarakis E, Kouli CR, Bergiele AT, et al. A survey of the polycystic ovary syndrome in the Greek island of Lesbos: hormonal and metabolic profile. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999;84(11):4006-4011.
4. Asuncion M, Calvo RM, San Millan JL, Sancho J, Avila S, EscobarMorreale HF. A prospective study of the prevalence of the polycystic ovary syndrome in unselected Caucasian women from Spain. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85(7):2434-2438.
5. March WA, Moore VM, Willson KJ, Phillips DI, Norman RJ, Davies MJ. The prevalence of polycystic ovary syndrome in a community sample assessed under contrasting diagnostic criteria. Hum Reprod. 2010;25(2):544-551.
6. Stein IF, Leventhal MI. Amenorrhea associated with bilateral polycystic ovaries. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1935;29:181-191.
7. Zawadski JK, Dunaif A. Diagnostic criteria for polycystic ovary syndrome; toward a rational approach. In: Dunaif A, Givens JR, Haseltine FP, editors. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Boston MA: Blackwell Scientific; 1992:377-384.
8. Rotterdam ESHRE/ASRM-Sponsored PCOS Consensus Workshop Group. Revised 2003 consensus on diagnostic criteria and long-term health risks related to polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Hum Reprod. 2004;19(1):41-47.
9. Goverde AJ, van Koert AJ, Eijkemans MJ, et al. Indicators for metabolic disturbances in anovulatory women with polycystic ovary syndrome diagnosed according to the Rotterdam consensus criteria. Hum Reprod. 2009;24(3):710-717.
10. Moran LJ, Misso ML, Wild RA, Norman RJ. Impaired glucose tolerance, type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome in polycystic ovary syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Hum Reprod Update. 2010;16(4):347-363.