Subject: Research Article | Diagnostic Medicine | Anatomy | Endoscopic Surgery | Engineering and technology | Diagnostic Radiology | [SPI]Engineering Sciences [physics] | 3D printing | Radiology and Imaging | Trauma Medicine | Skeleton | Tomography | Bone Fracture | Skull | Electronics engineering | [ SDV.IB ] Life Sciences [q-bio]/Bioengineering | Biology and Life Sciences | Surgical and Invasive Medical Procedures | Neuroscience | Research and Analysis Methods | Musculoskeletal System | Bone Imaging | Endoscopy | Medicine | Traumatic Injury | Plastic Surgery and Reconstructive Techniques | Critical Care and Emergency Medicine | Endoscopic Plastic Surgery | Neuroimaging | [SDV.IB]Life Sciences [q-bio]/Bioengineering | Q | R | Imaging Techniques | Computed Axial Tomography | Science | Medicine and Health Sciences | [ SPI ] Engineering Sciences [physics]
Introduction Endoscopic skull base surgery allows minimal invasive therapy through the nostrils to treat infectious or tumorous diseases. Surgical and anatomical education in this field is limited by the lack of validated training models in terms of geometric and mechan... View more
1. Forbes J. H.R.855Ð111th Congress (2009±2010): Enhancing Safety in Medicine Utilizing Leading Advanced Simulation Technologies to Improve Outcomes Now Act of 2009 [Internet]. 2009 [cited 2017 Aug 10]. Available from: https://www.congress.gov/bill/111th-congress/house-bill/855
2. McMenamin PG, Quayle MR, McHenry CR, Adams JW. The production of anatomical teaching resources using three-dimensional (3D) printing technology. Anat Sci Educ. 2014 Dec; 7(6):479±86. https://doi.org/10.1002/ase.1475 PMID: 24976019
3. Mavili M, Canter H, Saglam-Aydinatay B, Kamaci S, Kocadereli I. 2007. Use of three-dimensional medical modeling methods for precise planning of orthognathic surgery. J Craniofac Surg 18:740±747. https://doi.org/10.1097/scs.0b013e318069014f PMID: 17667659
4. Rengier F, Mehndiratta A, von Tengg-Kobligk H, Zechmann CM, Unterhinninghofen R, Kauczor H-U, et al. 3D printing based on imaging data: review of medical applications. Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg. 2010 Jul; 5(4):335±41. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11548-010-0476-x PMID: 20467825
5. Hosemann W, Draf C. Danger points, complications and medico-legal aspects in endoscopic sinus surgery. GMS Curr Top Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013 Dec 13; 12:Doc06. https://doi.org/10. 3205/cto000098 PMID: 24403974
6. Varshney R, Frenkiel S, Nguyen LH, Young M, Del Maestro R, Zeitouni A, et al. The McGill simulator for endoscopic sinus surgery (MSESS): a validation study. Journal of OtolaryngologyÐHead & Neck Surgery. 2014; 43:40.
7. Solyar A, Cuellar H, Sadoughi B, Olson TR, Fried MP. Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Simulator as a teaching tool for anatomy education. Am J Surg. 2008 Jul; 196(1):120±4. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjsurg. 2007.06.026 PMID: 18374890
8. Javia L, Deutsch ES. A systematic review of simulators in otolaryngology. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012 Dec; 147(6):999±1011. https://doi.org/10.1177/0194599812462007 PMID: 23014997
9. Malekzadeh S, Wilson B. A Novel Low-Cost High-Fidelity Sinus Surgery Task Trainer. Otolaryngology ÐHead and Neck Surgery. 2010 Aug 1; 143(2 suppl):P267±P267.
10. SanromaÂn- AÂlvarez P, Simal-JuliaÂn JA, Miranda-Lloret Pablo null. Multitask box trainer for endoscopic endonasal skull base surgery: ENDOtrainer. World Neurosurg. 2017 Feb 20.