Subject: Industrial medicine. Industrial hygiene | RA1-1270 | Public aspects of medicine | Health, Toxicology and Mutagenesis | Research | RC963-969 | Public Health, Environmental and Occupational Health
<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>Evidence is mounting regarding the clinically significant effect of temperature on blood pressure.</p> <p>Methods</p> <p>In this cross-sectional study the authors obtained minimum and maximum temperatures and their respective previou... View more
2. Ulmer H, Kelleher C, Diem G, Concin H, Ruttmann E: Estimation of seasonal variations in risk factor profiles and mortality from coronary heart disease. Wien Klin Wochenschr 2004, 116:662-668.
3. Alperovitch A, Lacombe JM, Hanon O, Dartigues JF, Ritchie K, Ducimetiere P, Tzourio C: Relationship between blood pressure and outdoor temperature in a large sample of elderly individuals: the ThreeCity study. Arch Intern Med 2009, 169:75-80.
4. Momen A, Mascarenhas V, Gahremanpour A, Gao Z, Moradkhan R, Kunselman A, Boehmer JP, Sinoway LI, Leuenberger UA: Coronary blood flow responses to physiological stress in humans. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2009, 296:H854-861.
5. Young JH, Chang YP, Kim JD, Chretien JP, Klag MJ, Levine MA, Ruff CB, Wang NY, Chakravarti A: Differential susceptibility to hypertension is due to selection during the out-of-Africa expansion. PLoS Genet 2005, 1:e82.
6. Parmer RJ, Cervenka JH, Stone RA, O'Connor DT: Autonomic function in hypertension. Are there racial differences? Circulation 1990, 81:1305-1311.
7. Modesti PA, Morabito M, Bertolozzi I, Massetti L, Panci G, Lumachi C, Giglio A, Bilo G, Caldara G, Lonati L, et al: Weather-related changes in 24-hour blood pressure profile: effects of age and implications for hypertension management. Hypertension 2006, 47:155-161.
8. Santamouris M, Pavlou F, Synnefa A, Niachou K, Kolokotsa D: Recent progress on passive cooling techniques: Advanced technological developments to improve survivability levels in low-income households. Energy and Buildings 2007, 39:859-866.
9. Smeeth L, Heath I: Why inequalities in health matter to primary care. Br J Gen Pract 2001, 51:436-437.
10. Fu Q, Zhang R, Witkowski S, Arbab-Zadeh A, Prasad A, Okazaki K, Levine BD: Persistent sympathetic activation during chronic antihypertensive therapy: a potential mechanism for long term morbidity? Hypertension 2005, 45:513-521.