: Rice starch was cross-linked with epichlorohydrin (0.3%, w/w, on a dry starch basis) and oxidized with sodium hypochlorite (2.5% w/w), respectively. Two dual-modified rice starch samples (oxidized cross-linked rice starch and cross-linked oxidized rice starch) were ob... View more
Singh, J.; Kaur, L.; McCarthy, O.J. Factors influencing the physico-chemical, morphological, thermal and rheological properties of some chemically modified starches for food applicationsA review. Food Hydrocolloid. 2007, 21, 1-22.
Kaur, M.; Oberoi, D.P.S.; Sogi, D.S.; Gill, B.S. Physico-chemical, morphological and pasting properties of acid treated starches from different botanical sources. J. Food Sci. Technol. 2011, 48, 460-465.
3. Wang, Y.J.; Wang, L. Physicochemical properties of common and waxy corn starches oxidized by different levels of sodium hypochlorite. Carbohydr. Polym. 2003, 52, 207-217.
4. Raina, C.S.; Singh, S.; Bawa, A.S.; Saxena, D.C. Some characteristics of acetylated, cross-linked and dual modified Indian rice starches. Eur. Food Res. Technol. 2006, 223, 561-570.
5. Lawal, O.S. Composition, physicochemical properties and retrogradation characteristics of native, oxidized, acetylated and acid-thinned new cocoyam (Xanthosoma sagittifolium) starch. Food Chem. 2004, 87, 205-218.
6. Ačkar, D.; Šubarić, D.; Babić, J.; Miličević, B.; Jozinović, A. Modification of wheat starch with succinic acid/acetanhydride and azelaic acid/acetanhydride mixtures. II. Chemical and physical properties. J. Food Sci. Technol. 2012, doi: 10.1007/s13197-012-0642-y.
7. Atichokudomchai, N.; Varavinit, S. Characterization and utilization of acid-modified cross-linked Tapioca starch in pharmaceutical tablets. Carbohydr. Polym. 2003, 53, 263-270.
8. Wattanachant, S.; Muhammad, K.; Hashim, D.M.; Rahman, R.A. Effect of crosslinking reagents and hydroxypropylation levels on dual-modified sago starch properties. Food Chem. 2003, 8, 463-471.
9. Kaur, L.; Singh, J.; Singh, N. Effect of cross-linking on some properties of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) starches. J. Sci. Food Agric. 2006, 86, 1945-1954.
10. Yeh, A.-I.; Yeh, S.-L. Some characteristics of hydroxypropylated and cross-linked rice starch. Cereal Chem. 1993, 70, 596-601.