Subject: Pharmacology | Complementary and alternative medicine | Research
Background The processed roots of Polygonum multiflorum Thunb. (Heshouwu; processed HSW) are commonly used in anti-aging medicine. Few reports have combined chemical profiles with bioactivity to evaluate the quality of the processed HSW. This study aims to integrate che... View more
1. Li SZ. Compendium of materia medica. Beijing: China Medical Science Press; 2011. p. 673-5.
2. Um MY, Choi WH, Aan JY, Kim SR, Ha TY. Protective eefct of Polygonum multiflorum Thunb. on amyloid β-peptide 25-35 induced cognitive deficits in mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006;104:144-8.
3. Park HJ, Zhang NN, Park DK. Topical application of Polygonum multiflorum extract induces hair growth of resting hair follicles through upregulating Shh and β-catenin expression in C57BL/6 mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;135:369-75.
4. Sun YN, Cui L, Li W, Yan XT, Yang SY, Kang JI l, Kang HK, Kim YH. Promotion eefct of constituents from the root of Polygonum multiflorum on hair growth. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2013;23:4801-5.
5. Lv LS, Shao X, Wang LY, Huang DR, Ho CT, Sang SM. Stilbene glucoside from Polygonum Multiflorum Thunb.: a novel natural inhibitor of advanced glycation end product formation by trapping of methylglyoxal. J Agr Food Chem. 2010;58:2239-45.
6. Yao WJ, Fan WJ, Huang C, Zhong H, Chen XF, Zhang W. Proteomic analysis for anti-atherosclerotic eefct of tetrahydroxy stilbene glucoside in rats. Biomed Pharmacother. 2013;67:140-5.
7. Zhang JK, Yang L, Meng GL, Fan J, Chen JZ, He QZ, Chen S, Fan JZ, Luo ZJ, Liu J. Protective eefct of tetrahydroxystilbene glucoside against hydrogen peroxide-induced dysfunction and oxidative stress in osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;689:31-7.
8. Yao S, Li Y, Kong LY. Preparative isolation and purification of chemical constituents from the root of Polygonum multiflorum by high-speed counter-current chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2006;1115:64-71.
9. Chen LL, Huang XJ, Li MM, Ou GM, Zhao BX, Chen MF, Zhang QW, Wang Y, Ye WC. Polygonflavanol A, a novel flavonostilbene glycoside from the roots of Polygonum Multiflorum. Phytochem Lett. 2012;5:756-60.
10. Han DQ, Zhao J, Xu J, Peng HS, Chen XJ, Li SP. Quality evaluation of Polygonum Multiflorumin China based on HPLC analysis of hydrophilic bioactive compounds and chemometrics. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2013;72:223-30.