Subject: situational awareness | medical error | paramedic | pre hospital | Original Research | eye-tracking | Open Access Emergency Medicine | Medical emergencies. Critical care. Intensive care. First aid | RC86-88.9
Brett Williams,1 Andrew Quested,1 Simon Cooper21Department of Community Emergency Health and Paramedic Practice, 2School of Nursing and Midwifery, Berwick, Monash University, Frankston, VIC, AustraliaAbstract: Human factors play a significant part in clinical error. Sit... View more
1. Gurses AP, Ozok AA, Pronovost PJ. Time to accelerate integration of human factors and ergonomics in patient safety. BMJ Qual Saf. 2012;21(4):347-351.
2. Sitterding MC, Broome ME, Everett LQ, Ebright P. Understanding situation awareness in nursing work: a hybrid concept analysis. ANS Adv Nurs Sci. 2012;35(1):77-92.
3. Price R, Bendall JC, Patterson JA, Middleton PM. What causes adverse events in prehospital care? A human-factors approach. Emerg Med J. 2012;30(7):583-588.
4. Sears N, Baker GR, Barnsley J, Shortt S. The incidence of adverse events among home care patients. Int J Qual Health Care. 2013;25(1): 16-28.
5. Singh H, Giardina TD, Petersen LA, et al. Exploring situational awareness in diagnostic errors in primary care. BMJ Qual Saf. 2012;21(1): 30-38.
6. Singh H, Petersen LA, Thomas EJ. Understanding diagnostic errors in medicine: a lesson from aviation. Qual Saf Health Care. 2006;15(3): 159-164.
7. Flowerdew L, Brown R, Vincent C, Woloshynowych M. Identifying nontechnical skills associated with safety in the emergency department: a scoping review of the literature. Ann Emerg Med. 2012;59(5): 386-394.
8. Anderson CI, Nelson CS, Graham CF, et al. Disorganized care: the ifndings of an iterative, in-depth analysis of surgical morbidity and mortality. J Surg Res. 2012;177(1):43-48.
9. Shelton CL, Kinston R, Molyneux AJ, Ambrose LJ. Real-time situation awareness assessment in critical illness management: adapting the situation present assessment method to clinical simulation. BMJ Qual Saf. 2013;22(2):163-167.
10. Wright MC, Taekman JM, Endsley MR. Objective measures of situation awareness in a simulated medical environment. Qual Saf Health Care. 2004;13(Suppl 1):i65-i71.