Subject: water quality perceptions | R | ground water quality | bottled water | Medicine | Article
Consumption of bottled water is increasing worldwide. Prior research shows many consumers believe bottled water is convenient and has better taste than tap water, despite reports of a number of water quality incidents with bottled water. The authors explore the demograp... View more
Gleick, P.H. The myth and reality of bottled water. In The World's Water: The Biennial Report on Freshwater Resources 2004-2005; Island Press: Washington, DC, USA, 2004.
Smaller Categories Still Saw Growth as the U.S. Liquid Refreshment Beverage Market Shrank by 2.0% in 2008; Beverage Marketing: New York, NY, USA, 31 August 2009. Available online: http://www.beveragemarketing.com/?section=news&newsID=111 (accessed on 26 September 2010).
Fam. Med. 2000, 9, 246-250.
Raj, S.D. Bottled water: how safe is it? Water Environ. Res. 2005, 77, 3013-3018.
Glennon, R.J. Water Follies: Groundwater Pumping and the Fate of America's Fresh Waters; Island Press: Washington, DC, USA, 2002; pp. 1-3.
6. Ferrier, C. Bottled Water: Understanding a Social Phenomenon; Report Commissioned by World Wild Life: Gland, Switerland, April 2001. Available online: http://search.panda.org/ search?site=panda&client=panda_frontend&proxystylesheet=panda_frontend&output=xml_no_dt d&q=Bottled+water%3A+understanding+a+social+phenomenon (accessed on 26 September 2010).
7. Opel, A. Constructing purity: Bottled water and the commodification of nature. J. Am. Culture 1999, 22, 67-76.
8. Block, B. Bottled Water Demand May Be Declining; Worldwatch Institute: Washington, DC, USA, 8 September 2008. Available online: http://www.worldwatch.org/node/5878 (accessed on 26 September 2010).
9. Laumer, J. US Bottled Water Sales Are Down Slightly. Why Are So Few Willing to Change? 8 October 2009. Available online: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/10/us_bottled-watersales-down-slightly-why-few-willing-change.php (accessed on 26 September 2010).
10. Trigaux, R. Bottled Water Industry Sales Decrease during Recession. Available online: http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/bottled-water-industry-sales-decrease-duringrecession/1028389 (accessed on 12 January 2011).