Subject: Electronic computers. Computer science | HB71-74 | Economics as a science | Social media metrics, Fast moving consumer goods, Brand mentions, Key performance indicator, and sales | HB1-3840 | QA75.5-76.95 | Economic theory. Demography
This research aims to explore correlations between consumer-generated social media activity and the level of sales of German brands from the fast moving consumer goods industry. In particular, the objective was to examine whether there is a correlation between the numbe... View more
1. Awareness (2012): “State of Social Media Marketing”,
2. http://info.awarenessnetworks.com/rs/awarenessnetworks/images/THE-STATE-OF-SOCIAL-MEDIA-MARKETING.pdf, accessed 21 May 2012.
3. Barry Chris, Rob Markey, Eric Almquist, and Chris Brahm (2011): “Putting social media to work”,
4. http://www.bain.com/Images/BAIN_BRIEF_Putting_social_media_to_work.pdf, accessed 6 February 2014.
5. Belch George E. and Michael A Belch (2009): Advertising and promotion: an integrated marketing communications perspective, 8th edition, McGraw-Hill, Boston etc.
6. Chevalier, Judith A. and Dina Mayzlin (2006): “The effect of word of mouth on sales: online book reviews”. In: Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. XLIII, August, 345-354.
7. Corcoran, Sean (2009): “Defining earned, owned and paid media”, http://blogs.forrester.com/interactive_marketing/2009/12/defining-earned-owned-and-paid-media.html, accessed 10 March 2014.
8. Cui Geng, Hon-Kwong Lui, and Xiaoning Guo (2012): “The effect of online consumer reviews on new product sales”. In: International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 17, 1, 39-57.
9. Davis, Alanah and Deepak Khazanchi (2008): “An empirical study of online word of mouth as a predictor for multi-product category ecommerce sales”. In: Electronic Markets, 18, 2, 130-141.
10. Dellarocas Chrysanthos, Xiaoquan (Michael) Zhang, and Neveen F. Awad (2007): “Exploring the value of online product reviews in forecasting sales: the case of motion pictures”. In: Journal of Interactive Marketing, 21, 4, 24-45.