Background Numerous surveys have shown that orthodontic mini implants (OMIs) are underused in clinical practice. To investigate this implementation issue, we conducted a systematic review to (1) identify barriers and facilitators to the implementation of OMIs for all po... View more
1. Anthes E. The trouble with checklists. Nature. 2015;523:516-8.
2. Fixsen DL, Naoom SF, Blasé KA, Friedman RM, Wallace F. Implementation research: a synthesis of the literature. Tampa: University of South Florida, Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute, The National Implementation Research Network (FMHI Publication #231); 2005.
3. Straus SE, Tetroe J, Graham ID. Chapter 1.1: knowledge to action: what it is and what it isn't. In: Straus SE, Tetroe J, Graham ID, editors. Knowledge translation in health care: moving from evidence to practice. Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell; 2009.
4. Banks P, Elton V, Jones Y, Rice P, Denwent S, Odondi L. The use of fixed appliances in the UK: a survey of specialist orthodontics. J Orthod. 2010;37(1):43-55.
5. Bock NC, Ruf S. Skeletal anchorage for everybody? A questionnaire study on frequency of use and clinical indications in daily practice. J Orofac Orthop. 2015;76(2):113-28.
6. Keim RG, Gottlieb EL, Vogels 3rd DS, Vogels PB. JCO study of orthodontic diagnosis and treatment procedures, part 1: results and trends. J Clin Orthod. 2014;48(10):607-30.
7. Patil A, Revankar AV. Evaluation of microimplant use in orthodontic practices in India: an opinion-based survey. J Ind Orthod Soc. 2012;46:269-72.
8. Meeran NA, Venkatesh KG, Parveen MFJ. Current trends in miniscrew utilization among Indian orthodontists. J Orthod Science. 2012;1(2):46-50.
9. Jambi S, Walsh T, Sandler J, Benson PE, Skeggs RM, O'Brien KD. Reinforcement of anchorage during orthodontic brace treatment with implants or other surgical methods. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014;19:8.
10. Papadopoulos MA, Papageorgiou SN, Zogakis IP. Clinical effectiveness of orthodontic miniscrew implants: a meta-analysis. J Dent Res. 2011;90(8):969-76.