Subject: tea tree oil | R | Airborne fungi | vinegar | inhibition zone | Medicine | indoor air quality (IAQ) | Article
mesheuropmc: complex mixtures
Fungal contamination in indoor environments has been associated with adverse health effects for the inhabitants. Remediation of fungal contamination requires removal of the fungi present and modifying the indoor environment to become less favourable to growth. This may... View more
1. Fung, F.; Hughson, W.G. Health effects of indoor fungal bio aerosol exposure. Appl. Occup. Environ. Hyg. 2003, 18, 535-544.
2. Bird, C.; Balshaw, S.; Anderson, W. Getting the best answer by asking the right question-case studies in occupational exposure to mould. J. Health Saf. Res. Practice 2012, 4, 19-27.
3. Taylor, M.; Gaskin, S.; Bentham, R.; Pisaniello, D. Airborne fungal profiles in office buildings in metropolitan Adelaide, South Australia: Background levels, diversity and seasonal variation. Indoor Built Environ. 2013, 23, 1002-1011.
4. Cooley, J.D.; Wong, W.C.; Jumper, C.A.; Straus, D.C. Correlation between the prevalence of certain fungi and sick building syndrome. Occup. Environ. Med. 1998, 55, 579-584.
5. Burge, H. Bioaerosols: Prevalence and health effects in the indoor environment. J. Allergy Clin. Immun. 1990, 86, 687-701.
6. Dharmage, S.; Bailey, M.; Raven, J.; Abeyawickrama, K.; Cao, D.; Guest, D.; Rolland, J.; Forbes, A.; Thien, F; Abramson, M.; et al. Mouldy houses influence symptoms of asthma among atopic individuals. Clin. Exp. Allergy 2002, 32, 714-720.
7. Jacobs, D.E. Housing-related health hazards: Assessment and remediation. Encyclopedia Environ. Health 2011, 3, 76-94.
8. Clean Air Society of Australia and New Zealand (CASANZ). Summary of Indoor Air Quality in Australia: A Strategy for Action; FASTS Occasional Paper Series Number 5; CASANZ: Sydney, Australia, 2002.
9. Hargreaves, M.; Parappukkaran, S.; Morawska, L.; Hitchins, J.; He, C.; Gilbert, D. A pilot investigation into associations between indoor airborne fungal and non-biological particle concentrations in residential houses in Brisbane, Australia. Sci. Total Environ. 2003, 312, 89-101.
10. Li, C.S.; Hsu, C.W.; Tai, M.L. Indoor pollution and sick building syndrome symptoms among workers in day-care centers. Arch. Environ. Health 1997, 52, 200-207.