Subject: seating location | Education | L | seating type | student performance
While an extensive body of research exists regarding the delivery of course knowledge and material, much less attention has been paid to the performance effect of seating position within a classroom. Research findings are mixed as to whether students in the front row of... View more
1. Perkins, K.K.; Weiman, C.E. The surprising impact of seat location on student performance. Phys. Teach. 2005, 43, 30-33.
2. Kalinowski, S.; Taper, M.L. The effect of seat location on exam grades and student perceptions in an introductory biology class. J. Coll. Sci. Teach. 2007, 36, 54-57.
3. Fisher, K. Building better outcomes: The impact of school infrastructure on student outcomes and behavior. Schooling issues digest. 2001. Available online: http://sdpl.coe.uga.edu/research/ kenfisherbuilding.pdf (accessed on 12 October 2013).
5. Hill, M.C.; Epps, K.K. The impact of physical classroom environment on student satisfaction and student evaluation of teaching in the university environment. Acad. Educ. Leadersh. J. 2010, 14, 65-79.
6. Burda, J.M.; Brooks, C.I. College classroom seating position and changes in achievement motivation over a semester. Psychol. Rep. 1996, 78, 331-336.