Subject: Diseases of the digestive system. Gastroenterology | maltase | RC799-869 | trehalase | palatinase | Original Research | disaccharidase | Clinical and Experimental Gastroenterology | digestibility | sucrase
Tsuneyuki Oku&sup1;, Kenichi Tanabe&sup1;, Shigeharu Ogawa&sup2;, Naoki Sadamori&sup1;, Sadako Nakamura&sup1;&sup1;Graduate School of Human Health Science, University of Nagasaki, Siebold, Nagayo, Japan; &sup2;Juzenkai Hospital, Kagomachi, Na... View more
1. Oku T. Oligosaccharides with beneficial health effects: A Japanese perspective. Nutr Rev. 1996;54:S59-S66.
2. Oku T. Newly developed sugar substitutes and their function in foods. Proceedings of the Second Asian Congress of Dietetics. Seoul, Korea, August 9-12, 1998.
3. Oku T. Comparison of digestibility and its mechanism of several oligosaccharides and sugar alcohols. Proceedings of the IUFoST 1996 Regional Symposium on Non-digestive Health Factors for Future Food. Seoul, Korea, October 10-11, 1996.
4. Tsuji Y, Yamada K, Hosoya N, Moriuchi S. Digestion and absorption of sugars and sugar substitutes in rat small intestine. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol. 1986;32:93-100.
5. Fujita K, Hara K, Sakai S, et al. Effect of 4G-β-D-galactosylsucrose (lactosucrose) on intestinal oflra and its digestibility in human. Denpun Kagaku. 1991;38:249-255. Japanese.
6. Karimzadegan E, Clifford AJ, Hill FW. A rat bioassay for measuring the comparative availability of carbohydrates and its application to legume food, pure carbohydrates and polyols. J Nutr. 1979;109: 2247-2259.
7. Semenza G, Auricchio S. Small-intestinal disaccharidases. In: Seriver CR, Beauset AL, Sly WS, Valk D, editors. Metabolic Basis of Inherited Disease. 6th ed. New York, NY: McGraw Hill; 1989.
8. Travel FR, Datema R, Woloszczuk W, Malshall JJ, Whelan WJ. Purification and characterization of a pig intestinal α-dextrinase. Eur J Biochem. 1983;143:575-582.
9. Auricchio S, Rubino A, Tosi R, et al. Disaccharidase activities in human intestinal mucosa. Enzymol Biol Clin (Basel). 1963;3:193-198.
10. Dahlqvist A. Rat-intestinal dextranase. Localization and relation to the other carbohydrases of the digestive tract. Biochem J. 1963; 86:72-76.