Subject: energy intake | Nutrition. Foods and food supply | chicken | body composition | TX341-641 | DEXA | beef | pork | Article
mesheuropmc: food and beverages
Pork is the most widely eaten meat in the world and recent evidence shows that diets high in pork protein, with and without energy restriction, may have favourable effects on body composition. However, it is unclear whether these effects on body composition are specific... View more
Flegal, K.M.; Carroll, M.D.; Ogden, C.L.; Curtin, L.R. Prevalence and trends in obesity among US adults, 1999-2008. JAMA 2010, 303, 235-241.
Kelly, T.; Yang, W.; Chen, C.S.; Reynolds, K.; He, J. Global burden of obesity in 2005 and projections to 2030. Int. J. Obes. (Lond.) 2008, 32, 1431-1437.
Clin. Nutr. 2010, 91, 284S-288S.
4. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Australian Health Survey, Profiles of Health, Australia, Cat. No. 4338.0; ABS: Canberra, Australia, 2011-2013. Availiable online: http://www.abs.gov. au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/4338.0?OpenDocument (accessed on 1 November 2013).
5. Alberti, K.G.; Zimmet, P.; Shaw, J. Metabolic syndrome-A new world-wide definition. A consensus statement from the international diabetes federation. Diabet. Med. 2006, 23, 469-480.
6. Brinkworth, G.D.; Noakes, M.; Keogh, J.B.; Luscombe, N.D.; Wittert, G.A.; Clifton, P.M. Long-term effects of a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet on weight control and cardiovascular risk markers in obese hyperinsulinemic subjects. Int. J. Obes. Relat. Metab. Disord. 2004, 28, 661-670.
7. Noakes, M.; Clifton, P. Weight loss, diet composition and cardiovascular risk. Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 2004, 15, 31-35.
8. Noakes, M.; Keogh, J.B.; Foster, P.R.; Clifton, P.M. Effect of an energy-restricted, high-protein, low-fat diet relative to a conventional high-carbohydrate, low-fat diet on weight loss, body composition, nutritional status, and markers of cardiovascular health in obese women. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2005, 81, 1298-1306.
9. Parker, B.; Noakes, M.; Luscombe, N.; Clifton, P. Effect of a high-protein, high-monounsaturated fat weight loss diet on glycemic control and lipid levels in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 2002, 25, 425-430.
10. Resano, H.; Perez-Cueto, F.J.; de Barcellos, M.D.; Veflen-Olsen, N.; Grunert, K.G.; Verbeke, W. Consumer satisfaction with pork meat and derived products in five European countries. Appetite 2011, 56, 167-170.