Subject: Apricot | Apple | Full Research Paper | Fruit juice | Pectinase | TP1-1185 | Pectin | Chemical technology | Micro-Raman Spectroscopy
Liquid samples of clarified apple and apricot juices at different production stages were investigated using visible light micro-Raman spectroscopy in order to assess its potential in monitoring fruit juice production. As is well-known, pectin plays a strategic role in t... View more
Tragardh; J., Gaeta; S.N.; Panyor, L. A new integrated membrane process for producing clarified apple juice and apple juice aroma concentrate. Journal of Food Engineering 2000, 46, 109-125.
Li Chan, E.C.Y. The Application of Raman Spectroscopy in Food Science. Trends in Food Science & Technology 1996, 7, 361-370.
Thygesen, L.G.; Lokke, M.M.; Micklander, E.; Engelsen, S. B. Vibrational microspectroscopy of food. Raman vs FT-IR. Trends in Food Science & Technology 2003, 14, 50-57.
Micklander, E.; Brimer, L.; Engelsen S.B. Non-invasive assays for cyanogenic constituents in plants by Raman spectroscopy: contents and distribution of amygdalin in bitter almond. Applied Spectroscopy 2002, 56, 1139-1146.
5. Baeten, V.; Dardenne, V.; Aparicio, R. Interpretation of Fourier-Transform Raman spectra of the unsaponifiable matter in a selection of edible oils. J. Agric. and Food Chemistry 2001, 49, 5098- 5107.
6. Synytsya, A.; Copíková, J.; Matejka, P.; Machovic V. Fourier-Transform Raman and infrared spectroscopy of pectins. Carbohydrate Polymers 2003, 54, 97-106.
7. Goral, J.; Zichy V. Fourier-Transform Raman Studies of Materials and Compounds of Biological Importance. Spectrochimica Acta 1990, 46A, 253-275.
8. Goodacre, R.; Radovic, B.S.; Anklam E. Progress toward the rapid non-destructive assessment of the floral origin of European honey using dispersive Raman spectroscopy. Applied Spectroscopy 2002, 56, 521-527.
9. Berger, A.J.; Itzkan, I.; Feld, M. Feasibility of measuring blood glucose concentration by nearinfrared Raman spectroscopy. Spetrochim. Acta Part A 1997, 53, 287-292.
10. National Centre for Biotechnology Education. In a jam and out of juice. NCBE - Practical protocol 2000 ISBN 0 7049 13739, U.K.