Subject: Molecular Biology | SNV; Variant calling; Cancer genomics; Exome sequencing; Variant caller integration | Institute of Pathology and Molecular Pathology | Exome sequencing | Research Article | 610 Medicine & health | Biochemistry | Computer Science Applications | Cancer genomics | SNV | Variant calling | Variant caller integration
Background Next-generation sequencing of matched tumor and normal biopsy pairs has become a technology of paramount importance for precision cancer treatment. Sequencing costs have dropped tremendously, allowing the sequencing of the whole exome of tumors for just a fra... View more
1. Russo A, Ficili B, Candido S, Pezzino FM, Guarneri C, Biondi A, Travali S, McCubrey JA, Spandidos DA, Libra M. Emerging targeted therapies for melanoma treatment (Review). Int J Oncol. 2014;45:516-24.
2. Arnold D, Seufferlein T. Targeted treatments in colorectal cancer: state of the art and future perspectives. Gut. 2010;59:838-58.
3. Paez JG, Jänne PA, Lee JC, Tracy S, Greulich H, Gabriel S, Herman P, Kaye FJ, Lindeman N, Boggon TJ, et al. EGFR mutations in lung cancer: correlation with clinical response to gefitinib therapy. Science. 2004;304: 1497-1500.
4. Kaji D, Miura Y, Takano T. Olaparib in Platinum-Sensitive Ovarian Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2012;367:179-80.
5. Marusyk A, Almendro V, Polyak K. Intra-tumour heterogeneity: a looking glass for cancer? Nat Rev Cancer. 2012;12:323-34.
6. Gerlinger M, Horswell S, Larkin J, Rowan AJ, Salm MP, Varela I, Fisher R, McGranahan N, Matthews N, Santos CR, et al. Genomic architecture and evolution of clear cell renal cell carcinomas defined by multiregion sequencing. Nat Genet. 2014;46:225-33.
7. Yates LR, Gerstung M, Knappskog S, Desmedt C, Gundem G, Van Loo P, Aas T, Alexandrov LB, Larsimont D, Davies H, et al. Subclonal diversification of primary breast cancer revealed by multiregion sequencing. Nat Med. 2015;21:751-9.
8. Ng SB, Turner EH, Robertson PD, Flygare SD, Bigham AW, Lee C, Shaffer T, Wong M, Bhattacharjee A, Eichler EE, Bamshad M, Nickerson DA, Shendure J. Targeted capture and massively parallel sequencing of twelve human exomes. Nature. 2009;461:272-6.
9. Raphael BJ, Dobson JR, Oesper L, Vandin F. Identifying driver mutations in sequenced cancer genomes: computational approaches to enable precision medicine. Genome Med. 2014;6:5.
10. Li H. A statistical framework for snp calling, mutation discovery, association mapping and population genetical parameter estimation from sequencing data. Bioinformatics. 2011;27:2987-993.