Essential oils extracted by hydrodistillation from the aerial parts and corollas of Origanum acutidens (Hand.-Mazz.) Ietswaart, an endemic Turkish flora species, were analyzed by GC-MS. The amounts of essential oil obtained from the aerial parts and the corollas were 0.... View more
Vural, M. Türkiye'nin Tehlike Altındaki Bitkileri. Türkiye'de Biyolojik Çeşitlilik ve Organik Tarım Çalıştay Raporu. FAO/BM Temetik Grubu: Ankara, Turkey, 2003; pp. 168-183.
J. Essent. Oil Res. 1995, 7, 175-176.
Antimicrobial and cytotoxic activities of Origanum essential oil. J. Agric. Food Chem. 1996, 44, 1202-1205.
Aligiannis, N.; Kalpoutzakis, E.; Mitaku, S.; Chinou, I.B. Composition and antimicrobial activity of the essential oils of two Origanum species. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2001, 49, 4168-4170.
Bendahou, A.; Muselli, A.; Grignon-Dubois, M.; Benyoucef, M.; Desjobert, J.M.; Bernardini, A.F.; Costa, J. Antimicrobial activity and chemical composition of Origanum glandulosum Desf. essential oil and extract obtained by microwave extraction: Comparison with hydrodistillation. Food Chem. 2008, 106, 132-139.
6. Baser, K.H.C.; Tumen, G.; Duman, H. Essential oil of Origanum acutidens (Hund. Murr.) lestwaart. J. Essent. Oil Res. 1997, 9, 91-92.
7. Sokmen, M.; Serkedjieva, J.; Daferera, D.; Gulluce, M.; Polissiou, M.; Tepe, B.; Akpulat, H. A.; Sahin, F.; Sokmen, A. In vitro antioxidant, antimicrobial and antiviral activities of the essential ail and various extracts from herbal parts and callus cultures of Origanum acutidens. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2004, 52, 3309 -3312.
8. Kordali, S.; Cakir, A.; Ozer, H.; Cakmakci, R.; Kesdek, M.; Mete, E. Antifungal, phytotoxic and insecticidal properties of essential oil isolated from Turkish Origanum acutidens and its three components, carvacrol, thymol and p-cymene. Bioresour. Technol. 2008, 99, 8788-8795.
9. Baser, K.H.C. Aromatic biodiversity among the flowering plant taxa of Turkey. Pure Appl. Chem. 2002, 74, 527-545.
10. Figuérédo, G.; Chalchat, J.C.; Pasquier, B. Studies of Mediterranean oregano populations IX: Chemical composition of essential oils of seven species of oregano of various origins. J. Essent. Oil Res. 2006, 18, 411-415.