Subject: Research Report | marketing | age‐of‐sale | regulation | Adolescents | focus groups | use in public places | e‐cigarettes | Research Reports
Abstract Background and aims Regulation of electronic cigarettes has moved to the top of the addiction policy agenda, as demonstrated by the recent focus across the United Kingdom on introducing age‐of‐sale restrictions. However, the views of those affected by such regu... View more
1. Adkison S. E., O'Connor R. J., Bansal-Travers M., Hyland A., Borland R., Yong H. H., et al. Electronic nicotine delivery systems: International Tobacco Control Four-Country Survey. Am J Prev Med 2013; 44: 207-15.
2. West R., Brown J. W. Electronic cigarettes in England. Latest trends; 2015 [cited 2015 22 May]. Available at: http://www.smokinginengland.info/latest-statistics/ (accessed 18 January 2016).
3. West R., Hajek P., McNeill A., Brown J., Arnott D. Electronic cigarettes: what we know so far. A report to UK All Party Parliamentary Groups 2014 [cited 2015 22 May]. Available at: www.smokinginengland.info/reports/ (accessed 18 January 2016).
4. Wills T. A., Sargent J. D., Knight R., Pagano I., Gibbons F. X. E-cigarette use and willingness to smoke: a sample of adolescent non-smokers. Tob Control 2016; 25: e52-e59. doi: 10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2015-052349.
5. Barnett T. E., Soule E. K., Forrest J. R., Porter L., Tomar S. L. Adolescent electronic cigarette use: associations with conventional cigarette and hookah smoking. Am J Prev Med 2015; 49: 199-206.
6. Leventhal A. M., Strong D. R., Kirkpatrick M. G., Unger J. B., Sussman S., Riggs N. R. et al. Association of electronic cigarette use with initiation of combustible tobacco product smoking in early adolescence. JAMA 2015; 314: 700-7.
7. European Union Directive 2014/40/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 3 April 2014 on the approximation of the laws, regulations and administrative provisions of the Member States concerning the manufacture, presentation and sale of tobacco and related products and repealing Directive 2001/37/EC. Off J Eur Union 2014 .L 127/1
8. Department of Health. Rules about tobacco, e-cigarettes and smoking: 1 October 2015; 2015 [cited 2016 14 January]. Available at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/ new-rules-about-tobacco-e-cigarettes-and-smoking-1-october2015/new-rules-about-tobacco-e-cigarettes-and-smoking-1- october-2015 (accessed 18 January 2016).
9. Scottish Government. Scottish Government Response to Consultations on Electronic Cigarettes, Tobacco, Wilful Neglect/Ill Treatment and Duty of Candour; 2015 [cited 2015 26 May]. Available at: http://www.gov.scot/ Publications/2015/05/5856/0 (accessed 18 January 2016).
10. Welsh Government. Electronic cigarettes; 2015 [cited 2016 14 January]. Available at: http://gov.wales/topics/health/ improvement/smoking/legislation/e-cigarettes/?lang=en (accessed 18 January 2016).