Subject: postvaccination severe adverse events | RM1-950 | Therapeutics. Pharmacology | post-vaccination severe adverse events | Review | Drug Design, Development and Therapy | yellow fever vaccine | systematic review | viscerotropic disease
Roger E Thomas Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Research Office, G012, Health Sciences Centre, Calgary, AB,&nbsp;Canada Purpose: To assess those published cases of yellow fever (YF) vaccine-associated viscerotropic disease ... View more
2. Quaresma JAS, Pagliari C, Medeiros DBA, Duarte MIS, Vasconcelos PFC. Immunity and immune response, pathology and pathologic changes: progress and challenges in the immunopathology of yellow fever. Rev Med Virol. 2013;23(5):305-318.
3. Jentes ES, Poumerol G, Gershman MD, et al; Informal WHO Working Group on Geographic Risk for Yellow Fever. The revised global yellow fever risk map and recommendations for vaccination, 2010: consensus of the Informal WHO Working Group on Geographic Risk for Yellow Fever. Lancet Infect Dis. 2011;11(8):622-632.
4. Hill DR. Mapping the risk of yellow fever infection. Curr Infect Dis Rep. 2012;14(3):246-255.
5. Rogers DJ, Wilson AJ, Hay SI, Graham AJ. The global distribution of yellow fever and dengue. Adv Parasitol. 2006;62:181-220.
6. Beasley DW, McAuley AJ, Bente DA. Yellow fever virus: genetic and phenotypic diversity and implications for detection, prevention and therapy. Antiviral Res. 2015;115:48-70.
7. WHO Emerging and Other Communicable Diseases, 1998. District Guidelines for Yellow Fever Surveillance. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1998. [Report No: WHO/EPI/GEN/98.09].
8. Barrett AD, Monath TP, Barban V, Niedrig M, Teuwen DE. 17D yellow fever vaccines: new insights. A report of a workshop held during the World Congress on medicine and health in the tropics, Marseille, France, Monday September12, 2005. Vaccine. 2007;25(15):2758-2765.
9. Pugachev KV, Guirakhoo F, Ocran SW, et al. High fidelity of yellow fever virus RNA polymerase. J Virol. 2004;78(2):1032-1038.
10. Rafferty E, Duclos P, Yactayo S, Schuster M. Risk of yellow-fever vaccine-associated viscerotropic disease among the elderly: a systematic review. Vaccine. 2013;31:5798-5805.