Subject: R | antibody | Medicine | T-2 toxin | masked mycotoxins | metabolites | Article | immunoassay
The interactions between fungi and plants can yield metabolites that are toxic in animal systems. Certain fungi are known to produce sesquiterpenoid trichothecenes, such as T-2 toxin, that are biotransformed by several mechanisms including glucosylation. The glucosylate... View more
Ueno, Y. Toxicological features of T-2 toxin and related trichothecenes. Toxicol. Sci. 1984, 4, S124-S132.
Canady, R.A.; Coker, R.D.; Egan, S.K.; Krska, R.; Olsen, M.; Resnik, S.; Schlatter, J. T-2 and HT-2 Toxins. In WHO Food Additive Series: 47 Safety Evaluation of Certain Mycotoxins in Food; Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives (JECFA), FAO Food and nutrition paper 74. 2001. Available online: http://www.inchem.org/documents/jecfa/jecmono/v47je06.htm (accessed on 31 May 2013).
Kubena, L.F.; Edrington, T.S.; Harvey, R.B.; Buckley, S.A.; Phillips, T.D.; Rottinghaus, G.E.; Casper, H.H. Individual and combined effects of fumonisin B1 present in Fusarium moniliforme culture material and T-2 toxin or deoxynivalenol in broiler chicks. Poult. Sci. 1997, 76, 1239-1247.
Wyatt, R.D. Biological Effects of Mycotoxins (other than Aflatoxin) on Poultry. In Interactions of Mycotoxins in Animal Production; Naber, E.C., Wallace, H.D., Eds.; National Academy of Sciences: Washington, DC, USA, 1979; pp. 87-95.
European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) Panel on Contaminants in the Food Chain. Scientific opinion on the risks for animal and public health related to the presence of T-2 and HT-2 toxin in food and feed. EFSA J. 2011, 9, 2481-2667.
6. Shephard, G.S.; Berthiller, F.; Burdaspal, P.A.; Crews, C.; Jonker, M.A.; Krska, R.; MacDonald, S.; Malone, R.J.; Maragos, C.; Sabino, M.; et al. Developments in mycotoxin analysis: An update for 2010-2011. World Mycotoxin J. 2012, 5, 3-30.
7. Li, Y.; Wang, Z.; Beier, R.C.; Shen, J.; de Smet, D.; de Saeger, S.; Zhang, S. T-2 toxin, a trichothecene mycotoxin: Review of toxicity, metabolism, and analytical methods. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2011, 59, 3441-3453.
8. Meneely, J.P.; Ricci, F.; van Egmond, H.P.; Elliott, C.T. Current methods of analysis for the determination of trichothecene mycotoxins in food. Trends Anal. Chem. 2011, 30, 192-203.
9. Pascale, M.; Panzarini, G.; Visconti, A. Determination of HT-2 and T-2 toxins in oats and wheat by ultra-performance liquid chromatography with photodiode array detection. Talanta 2012, 89, 231-236.
10. Lippolis, V.; Pascale, M.; Maragos, C.M.; Visconti, A. Improvement of detection sensitivity of T-2 and HT-2 toxins using different fluorescent labeling reagents by high-performance liquid chromatography. Talanta 2008, 74, 1476-1483.